Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #1 
BetterBettas

My Custom Built Betta Tank

Just wanted to share with you guys a wall hanging, gravity defying betta tank that I made. I vaccume formed cell cast acrylic using an oven and a custom mold. I then framed the tank in white, and painted the back blue.

The dragon halfmoon betta inside was compliments of Linda Olson. My first aquabid transhipper.

BetterBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #2 
Friendlyfishies

thats a neat concept...talented designer...dont take my critism wrong, just not sure if its truly betta friendly...meaning it needs more turn around room...a few changes and it could be a pretty cool artistic tank for experienced betta owners. Dont forget heat and easy water change access. & I would cover the hole with thin mesh net material to prevent jumping. That white betta sure is pretty!

Last edited by Friendlyfishies; 12-27-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #3 
BetterBettas

Thanks. It is heated if you notice the cord going to the back of the tank. It has a small stick on reptile heating pad on the back. Keeps it right at 80 degrees. You are right in that it could be more betta friendly. It is suited more to my eye than his pleasure. He glides around pretty good in it.

This was my original test design that I was going to consider mass producing for sale. Water changes are a little challenging, and it was not as easy to make as I hoped.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #4 
FishyFishy89

I agree with FriendlyFishies, I don't see this tank being easy to work with as far as cleaning goes. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of room for the fish itself. No decor, I don't see a heater. The poor thing might get bored pretty quickly.

It's a great design, but I'd make it wider and more easily accessible for maintenance.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #5 
Friendlyfishies

Good good! Wasnt sure if that was some type of light cord or something, sounds like perfect temp :) ...its very creative, good luck with it.
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #6 
BetterBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
I agree with FriendlyFishies, I don't see this tank being easy to work with as far as cleaning goes. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of room for the fish itself. No decor, I don't see a heater. The poor thing might get bored pretty quickly.

It's a great design, but I'd make it wider and more easily accessible for maintenance.
All valid points. Thus why I'm giving up on the idea of mass production. I will say however it is somewhat of an optical illusion when he swims in the bowl area makes him appear larger than real life. He has more space than it seems.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:16 PM   #7 
BetterBettas

I will add i've never really been into small fishes. I'm more of a monsterfishkeeper.
Here is an 800 gallon 6'x6'x3' tall tank I built. I'm sure the betta would be happier in this tank.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:22 PM   #8 
Bcake86

And bettas breathe air...
Bcake86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #9 
BetterBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcake86 View Post

Hmmm. Good to know...So do I..

Last edited by BetterBettas; 12-27-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #10 
Virto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcake86 View Post
If you look again, the protruding portion of the tank is open to the air.

I think it's a neat concept, especially if it were a bit deeper and designed to be recessed into a wall between the studs. If the tank mounted into some kind of permanent frame and was the tank was removable for cleaning, it could be really cool.

It certainly works for proof of concept.
Virto is offline   Reply With Quote