Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Show Bettas
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-20-2012, 08:33 AM   #11 
emeraldmaster

He IS a crowntail, he just also has roundtail in him.
emeraldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:28 AM   #12 
Jessa24

Hmm...interesting.
Jessa24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #13 
emeraldmaster

they are like us, we have so many races of people in us that we are mutts (german and brittish in my case). Just think of the different betta types like you would think of people types and it makes more sense.
emeraldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:48 AM   #14 
Basement Bettas

Why is this in the show section? Thought this area to discuss shows and show quality fish.

He is a pet quality fish. Barely super delta in spread though he does have good length giving him some balance. He is also blue with a very bad red wash.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #15 
Jessa24

First off you don't have to be rude or nasty because my fish isn't "show quality" as if that makes him any less of a betta because he isn't oh so perfect. If you don't have anything constructive to say without being rude keep your comments to yourself. Your behavior is uncalled for and filled with ignorance.
Jessa24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #16 
Basement Bettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessa24 View Post
First off you don't have to be rude or nasty because my fish isn't "show quality" as if that makes him any less of a betta because he isn't oh so perfect. If you don't have anything constructive to say without being rude keep your comments to yourself. Your behavior is uncalled for and filled with ignorance.
This should have been posted in another section of the forum. I finished 3rd over all last year so hardly speak from ignorance. I have more bettas in my house on any given day then most people here will have in their life time. I'm sure he is a wonderful pet. In case you missed it, this is for SHOW bettas. This post needs to go elsewhere. This area is for those seriously interest in the showing of bettas.. and all the pet posts will just make people stop coming to this area as it is not being taken serious.

Sorry if you think I am rude. I am blunt and to the point. It is irritating to have people in this section showing pet shop bettas and griping because there is no place to show them. And you asked for an opinion. You want your pet shop buddies to say you have a beautiful fish.. post elsewhere. You want the opinion of one who shows you got it. You want me to get more detailed in my evaluations of him and why he does not belong here? I was nice considering what you asked for.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #17 
hannah16

Please excuse the not so nice comments.

For a petstore betta, I think he's lovely. His rays are long but a bit messy, not as bad as they could be. Personally, he's a beautiful pet, not for breeding or showing. He may have from from one of those mass breeders that don't care about their fish.. But congrats on him <3
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #18 
babystarz

I agree about the red wash... it'll take several generations to breed that out so that it stops showing up. You'd be better off starting with no red wash in the parents or grandparents. That way whatever your goal is, you won't have to deviate from it to focus on the red wash for such a large amount of time. You don't want to drive yourself nuts over something that is easily avoided in the beginning. I ended up not using any of the fry I bought from a breeder in my breeding program because they showed too much red wash. It just wasn't worth the time and energy needed to correct it for me. Plus, babies with red wash are not going to be popular with buyers, meaning you'd probably have to end up selling to a pet store, where they won't be well taken care of.

Last edited by babystarz; 12-28-2012 at 11:15 PM.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #19 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have to say that I agree that this section should be strictly for show fish, not petstore fish. This is a section where members can discuss shows, show fish, show standards and stuff like that. No one is saying anything bad about petstore fish. All mine except 3 came from Petsmart and I love them all equally. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #20 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

This is in the show section of the forum so you are going to get the opinion from someone who is showing their fish and knows their stuff.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote