Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-27-2012, 11:43 PM   #11 
BetterBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virto View Post
If you look again, the protruding portion of the tank is open to the air.

I think it's a neat concept, especially if it were a bit deeper and designed to be recessed into a wall between the studs. If the tank mounted into some kind of permanent frame and was the tank was removable for cleaning, it could be really cool.

It certainly works for proof of concept.
Very good. You looked a little deeper. Thank you for your observations.
BetterBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:49 PM   #12 
sandybottom
Reference Team

betterbettas ,a betta would be lunch in that tank.nice fish.lol.

Last edited by sandybottom; 12-27-2012 at 11:52 PM.
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #13 
Bluewind

Very innovative design. Again, it needs more depth as the others have said. And something over the opening so they can still breath air but not have junk fall in. Want the babies healthy.

Would it be possible to make the top open so plants could be placed? Some long grass type plants would be cool and add a nice contrast to the blue.

What's the gal of it atm?

Is it a single fish design or could a sorrority be put in?

Could some poi be added that would provide both asthetic appeal as well as fish enrichment?

What about the removal of decesed stock? How would that work? Could it be done without fouling up the water?
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Bluewind; 12-27-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:17 AM   #14 
BetterBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewind View Post
Very innovative design. Again, it needs more depth as the others have said. And something over the opening so they can still breath air but not have junk fall in. Want the babies healthy.

Would it be possible to make the top open so plants could be placed? Some long grass type plants would be cool and add a nice contrast to the blue.

What's the gal of it atm?

Is it a single fish design or could a sorrority be put in?

Could some poi be added that would provide both asthetic appeal as well as fish enrichment?

What about the removal of decesed stock? How would that work? Could it be done without fouling up the water?
Posted via Mobile Device
The tank is roughly 2 gallons. Long grass would look good indeed. I could place it easily through the existing opening. If the top is not completely sealed, all the water will run out to the level of the dish opening. Removing something from the tank is not difficult. A small net will easily fit in the opening. I designed it too what I deemed proper size for 1 or 2 Bettas. Does poi stand for substrate? If so yes, you could easily place gravel or something in the bottom.

Edit: I just thought again about what you asked regarding removing a dead fish. If it is floating, it would be a little difficult. But not at all impossible.

Last edited by BetterBettas; 12-28-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:08 AM   #15 
Bluewind

Points of Interest. In other words, something that would be asetically pleasing that would also provide enrichment for the fish in order to keep it active and thus healthy.

Also, some believe the minimum size for a Betta tank should be 5 gallons, but all agree that the bare minimum is 2.5. This problem should be fixed when you add more depth.
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:56 AM   #16 
Fabian

Is the protruding covered?
Bettas jump you know.
Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:24 AM   #17 
BetterBettas

That'll be the last mistake he ever makes.

No.. but seriously, it is like a betta paradise in that tank. He would never commit suicide like that.

I will cover it. Thank you.

Last edited by BetterBettas; 12-28-2012 at 05:39 AM.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #18 
Viva

The tank is really cool, I love the illusion it creates when the fish is in the bowl. I love the fact that its heated too. The opening on the bowl could easily be covered even with just some simple nylon.

If the bowl is large enough for a net, I assume it is large enough to fit a siphon/vacuum into it and do water changes.

One question I have is, how do you fill the tank up?
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #19 
BetterBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
The tank is really cool, I love the illusion it creates when the fish is in the bowl. I love the fact that its heated too. The opening on the bowl could easily be covered even with just some simple nylon.

If the bowl is large enough for a net, I assume it is large enough to fit a siphon/vacuum into it and do water changes.

One question I have is, how do you fill the tank up?
You are right. I just run some clear airline tubing though the bowl opening to the bottom of the tank and siphon off about half the water.

To fill or refill the tank I have to tweek the airline tubing a little run it up though the opening to the very top of the tank and slowly suck out the air and pour in the water at the same time.

Very good question. I'm surprised no one else has asked that.

I actually have some mini valves I was thinking about installing one at top, and one at bottom to make it a little easier. But it would be a little less clean looking.

I also thought of making an acrylic half circle lid with mini hinges to cover the hole.

They have a clear acrylic hinges and valves...But I have already invested a lot of time and energy and im ready to be done.

Last edited by BetterBettas; 12-28-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #20 
bryanacute

No matter which way I look at it, I just don't get it!
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote