Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #31 
RoMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
when even the CATHOLICS are admitting that evolution is a fact and doesn't contradict their dogma, i don't see how any "educated" person can still deny that it happens.
My co worker is African and a devote Catholic. I don't know if it has to do something with culture or what, but we did go around in giant circles about dinosaurs. Minus a few racists remarks on both of our ends it basically went something like this censored version:
"How do you explain dinosaur bones?"
"They were around, god created them to, they died in flood"
"But no bones of modern living mammels or likewise was found with dinosaurs"
"Oh shut up."
"Oh come on, if evolution happened what are dinosaur bones I want to know."
"Shut up, your confusing me, I don't know, I don't care."
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #32 
thekinetic

RoMay, why can't both exist at once? Everything has it's purpose whether seen or not, knowable or not. To claim to know the minds of gods is arrogant and blaphemous so why not accept they both can coexist?

It is the arrogance of religion and the tyranny of the men that run them is the reason I left them behind choosing to follow my own path. Who's to say there aren't multiple gods, who's to say that only man has a soul? From what I've seen in my time there is more to the universe and beyond than even the greatest minds on earth could portend. And we as a species are but children even after the endless centuries of our existence.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #33 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Guppies are a prime excample of micro evolution.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:11 AM   #34 
TheCheese909

I wouldn't call guppies 'micro' exactly..
TheCheese909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #35 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
when even the CATHOLICS are admitting that evolution is a fact and doesn't contradict their dogma, i don't see how any "educated" person can still deny that it happens.
Hmm...I never realized my faith is the litmus test for guaging how nuts other religions are. I learn something new on this forum everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
RoMay, why can't both exist at once? Everything has it's purpose whether seen or not, knowable or not. To claim to know the minds of gods is arrogant and blaphemous so why not accept they both can coexist?

It is the arrogance of religion and the tyranny of the men that run them is the reason I left them behind choosing to follow my own path. Who's to say there aren't multiple gods, who's to say that only man has a soul? From what I've seen in my time there is more to the universe and beyond than even the greatest minds on earth could portend. And we as a species are but children even after the endless centuries of our existence.
I agree with both qoutes. I don't see how evolution would negate any religious doma or mean that there is no God. Nothing would be able to exist on a planet that was not 100% consistant without the ability to adapt. I've always seen evolution as proof that God knew what he was doing even if we don't understand his reasoning.

I also don't read the bible literally. There are parts of the bible that are full of allegory and parables (the Gospel of John comes to mind). I place parts of the Book of Genesis in the allegory section because it is kind of poetic and symbolic, imo. It gets the message across in a simplified form because, "Where did everything come from?! " is a complex question that humans will never fully understand because we aren't God.

I guess that's why evolution has never bugged me.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #36 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheese909 View Post
I wouldn't call guppies 'micro' exactly..
Micro as in a Populations changes and varies alot.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #37 
nel3

for me DDay was yesterday ie the big blizzard. working out in the 43cm snow wasnt very fun at all. the situation was better after 5pm but any time in the earlu morning to 5 were hell on earth.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote