Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #21 
BetterBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanacute View Post
No matter which way I look at it, I just don't get it!
What is it you don't get?
BetterBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #22 
bryanacute

Ok, so u know that little bowl thing? How does the fish get from that to the big tank
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #23 
FishyFishy89

It swims to the back and either goes up or down...
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #24 
BetterBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanacute View Post
Ok, so u know that little bowl thing? How does the fish get from that to the big tank
It is hard to understand without seeing in person. The whole idea of building the tank was to have people say what the heck. How does the water not come out. But the front of the tank is one piece of acrylic that was formed with the half dish shape. It's open behind it so he can go up down and all around.

I'm having a hard time explaining it. I'll paintbrush a picture to show how it works.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #25 
Solaris

Wow! It certainly is an interesting design! But, like others have already said, I would add some decorations. Especially some plants to play in!

For a moment, when I saw the first picture, I thought the tank was just that little bowl! Then, in the next picture, he was at the bottom! I was confused for a moment, until I realised it was all one piece.

Also, how strong is it? Would it be able to support the weight if you added gravel?
Solaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #26 
Friendlyfishies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterBettas View Post
I designed it too what I deemed proper size for 1 or 2 Bettas.
Just want to catch you on something minor you had mentioned just for education and clarification reasons ;)...
1 male betta to any tank under 75 gallons.
On very rare occasion I heard of multiple males being kept in a heavily plantd 75+ gallon.
multiple males can share a larger tank, 5+ gallons if properly divided.
mult. females can be kept together in a minimum of 10 gallons also if heavily planted and there are plenty of hidy spots.

So just incase you did patten it for sale eventually, keep in mind that it wouldnt be suitable for 2 bettas =P
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #27 
FishyFishy89

Yup yup, not even 2 females ;)
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #28 
bryanacute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
Wow! It certainly is an interesting design! But, like others have already said, I would add some decorations. Especially some plants to play in!

For a moment, when I saw the first picture, I thought the tank was just that little bowl! Then, in the next picture, he was at the bottom! I was confused for a moment, until I realised it was all one piece.

Also, how strong is it? Would it be able to support the weight if you added gravel?

I had the same thought! I was like "why would he waste all that space for a little bowl?" Then I saw the fish at the bottom and was literally out of whack
bryanacute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #29 
Bluewind

I like the acrilic lid idea. It would need air holes to let in fresh air for the little guy to breath though.

I wonder how a bubbler would look in it? Something without a heavy current. Certanlly would look beatiful with long green grass plant and a few bubbles flowing up. Or maybe that would overdo it?

Also, I wonder if with added depth if something other than a Betta could be added. Like minnow or guppie? Again, just brainstorming.
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:39 PM   #30 
BetterBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewind View Post
I like the acrilic lid idea. It would need air holes to let in fresh air for the little guy to breath though.

I wonder how a bubbler would look in it? Something without a heavy current. Certanlly would look beatiful with long green grass plant and a few bubbles flowing up. Or maybe that would overdo it?

Also, I wonder if with added depth if something other than a Betta could be added. Like minnow or guppie? Again, just brainstorming.
Posted via Mobile Device
I will try to do a lid for it.

An Aerator would complicate things. You would need a small vacuume pump hooked to a valve at the top of the tank or the displaced water will start coming out the bowl area.

I think a shoal of neon tetras would look sweet. But Bettas being air breathers were the first choice, being that filtration and aeration would be quite complex.