Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Show Bettas
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #71 
Mo

Oh wow, thanks for all of this new info BB. But. Wasn't talking about color on that last one, lol. I meant just form

Also. I know you've had some of her fish, you have to admit they have a bit more branching than most
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #72 
polukoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
Vts don't have a class of their own in IBC shows (though they do in international shows) but they can be shown in open classes. I personally feel that vts should have their own class, but I've been told by many IBC members (including the president of the IBC) that they'll never make it into the shows until people start breeding serious VT show lines... which is something I plan on doing.

I personally do not like the heavily branched HMs (though Karens are nice and strong and seem to hold up well) they seem to age quicker, wear down faster and are more prone to tail biting because their poor fins are so heavy!
How early are you planning on breeding veiltail? If you can get veiltail fish into the 2013 convention in June I will do the same and then we can have the class established.
polukoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #73 
MoonShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by polukoff View Post
How early are you planning on breeding veiltail? If you can get veiltail fish into the 2013 convention in June I will do the same and then we can have the class established.
I'm in if you are, my 2 new pairs of VTs will be here in 2 weeks. I could probably get 2 generations by June if I condition and breed as soon as they get here!
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #74 
hannah16

Whoot! GO VTS! You guys rock. I can't wait to see what the IBC has to say about that!
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #75 
MoonShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Bettas View Post
To show, one must have a standard to be judged against. No one has come up with a standard.. and few want to breed towards it. Got to think the economics of a show. Time to judge a class... plus ribbons. And then someone to keep track of the points. Probably not going to happen for a VT as most show breeders consider them a step backward.
Actually someone has come up with a standard since VTs are shown internationally, in the Netherlands, Holland, Germany, Italy etc. A VT even won BOS in a show in Holland in August out of over 200 entries.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #76 
MoonShadow

http://issuu.com/stefankruger/docs/b...olor=%23222222
Old 12-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #77 
ChibreneyDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by polukoff View Post
I am glad that they have a standard for VT, because out of all the types, the VT are quite... prolific, aren't they? I've always found the VT easier to breed, the HM are finicky and the turnover for fry is poor because of the complicated genetics.

I would love to see some of yalls entries!
ChibreneyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #78 
aemaki09

Looking forward to seeing spawn logs for your VT's then! :) my first year showing will hopefully be next year and will love to hear about how your VT's do!
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #79 
Basement Bettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah16 View Post
Whoot! GO VTS! You guys rock. I can't wait to see what the IBC has to say about that!
Same thing it always says.. they will not create classes and they will not take the time to create a standard. not enough people will breed and enter to make it worth while. And the show where the VT won was not an international IBC sanctioned show. anybody can have a fish show and pick a colorful betta as BoS. That award means nothing.. they got not points towards any year end championship in that area.

Please keep this section to show bettas and quit trying to force VT's. Not going to happen and you have the entire rest of the forum to complain about no classes for VT's.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #80 
Basement Bettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibreneyDragon View Post
Dear Gods, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? We all know VT in IBC is probably something that wont occur, but they just want to fantasize and gush over the memories of their first fish.
Then please do it in another area of the forum. Be nice if people would take this section serious about the show fish instead of using it as a soap box for shoving the VT where it is not wanted. I come here to see people discussing show fish.. not wanting their pet fish ohh and ahhhed over or hearing trash talk about how poor the quality of life is for my HM's. You want to spout that crap you have a bunch of other areas in this forum. You don't like show fish or the IBC's way of doing things then do not come here and offer your two cents worth. It will not be well received. Or better yet.. join the IBC and be someone that works for change. Breed quality solid red and irid VT's and you may get taken seriously. Other wise leave the show breeders alone.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote