Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Show Bettas
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #81 
hannah16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Bettas View Post
Then please do it in another area of the forum. Be nice if people would take this section serious about the show fish instead of using it as a soap box for shoving the VT where it is not wanted. I come here to see people discussing show fish.. not wanting their pet fish ohh and ahhhed over or hearing trash talk about how poor the quality of life is for my HM's. You want to spout that crap you have a bunch of other areas in this forum. You don't like show fish or the IBC's way of doing things then do not come here and offer your two cents worth. It will not be well received. Or better yet.. join the IBC and be someone that works for change. Breed quality solid red and irid VT's and you may get taken seriously. Other wise leave the show breeders alone.
Whoa, Whoa... Please calm down and realize that there is group of people that WANT The VT to be showable. You should at the very least respect that and give your opinions in a respectful manner. There is no need to be so aggressive about it. Perhaps it bothers you that we like VT's but that doesn't mean you have the right to degrade our love for the veils.

I think it should go without saying; be kind when giving advice and criticism
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #82 
Basement Bettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah16 View Post
Whoa, Whoa... Please calm down and realize that there is group of people that WANT The VT to be showable. You should at the very least respect that and give your opinions in a respectful manner. There is no need to be so aggressive about it. Perhaps it bothers you that we like VT's but that doesn't mean you have the right to degrade our love for the veils.

I think it should go without saying; be kind when giving advice and criticism
That is all well and good and we have heard it for years. please discuss somewhere besides here. VT's are not showable so do not belong here.

Kind.. guess trashing the HM's and saying they have a poor quality of life is nice. I'll do not take trashing my name or my hobby kindly. Do it elsewhere.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #83 
hannah16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddybelle View Post
So, I'm just curious: what are the hot trends lately in show bettas? Superblack, marble/fancy, butterfly? What seems to be the most desired/sought after color/pattern in the show world? The most uncommon?
This thread was posted by Maddybelle, VTs were brought up on this thread, it is not a sticky in the Show Bettas section. If you do not like VTs being brought up perhaps you should unsubscribe since it upsets you so much??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Bettas View Post
That is all well and good and we have heard it for years. please discuss somewhere besides here. VT's are not showable so do not belong here.

Kind.. guess trashing the HM's and saying they have a poor quality of life is nice. I'll do not take trashing my name or my hobby kindly. Do it elsewhere.
Also, I didn't read the entire thread, but I don't feel HMs have a poor quality of life, I personally have liked your bettas and thought of purchasing from you before, but you are a very aggressive person where it is not needed. From what I've read, no one has trashed your hobby?? Again, I didn't read the entire thread.

Lastly, again, if you do not like VTs being mentioned in this thread, perhaps you should unsubscribe from it..

In no way were my comments meant to be rude, I just feel you aren't being forum friendly.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #84 
dramaqueen
Banned

Please calm down guys and get back on topic.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #85 
Basement Bettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah16 View Post
This thread was posted by Maddybelle, VTs were brought up on this thread, it is not a sticky in the Show Bettas section. If you do not like VTs being brought up perhaps you should unsubscribe since it upsets you so much??

Also, I didn't read the entire thread, but I don't feel HMs have a poor quality of life, I personally have liked your bettas and thought of purchasing from you before, but you are a very aggressive person where it is not needed. From what I've read, no one has trashed your hobby?? Again, I didn't read the entire thread.

Lastly, again, if you do not like VTs being mentioned in this thread, perhaps you should unsubscribe from it..

In no way were my comments meant to be rude, I just feel you aren't being forum friendly.
Maybe you should read the entire thread. I am blunt and to the point. I don't feel anyone is rude. They have their opinion and I have mine. Anyone that does not like show fish.. and that does not include VT's.. needs to not comment and add the anti show betta comments in this part of the forum.

Discussing VT and their not being accepted at a show can be done in areas that are for the VT's or other pet type bettas. How in the world can anyone really interested in showing fish get any good information if all they read here is people trashing the show fish? This is to be an educational area for those that ARE interested in this small part of the hobby. PLEASE allow it to be just that and take all the pet shop evaluations and anti show fish posts and how great art though VT's to the other areas of the forum. Please respect what WE do and stop making us defend it. Especially in the ONE area designed to let us share and communicate.
Basement Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #86 
Reefing Madness
Banned

OK guys! DQ has asked once for it to settle down. This is a Forum with many opinions, if you can't have a duscussion with someone about their opinion or don't like what they have to say, please refrain from Posting. Back on TOPIC.
Reefing Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #87 
ChibreneyDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefing Madness View Post
OK guys! DQ has asked once for it to settle down. This is a Forum with many opinions, if you can't have a duscussion with someone about their opinion or don't like what they have to say, please refrain from Posting. Back on TOPIC.
Its kinda hard to get back on topic after that.

Anyways, How many fish enthusiast do you think it takes to endorse a new tail type? I remember when the HM started becoming more popular and eventually earned its own class.
ChibreneyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #88 
hannah16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibreneyDragon View Post

Anyways, How many fish enthusiast do you think it takes to endorse a new tail type? I remember when the HM started becoming more popular and eventually earned its own class.
Probably a good 200 +
Old 12-28-2012, 09:00 PM   #89 
ChibreneyDragon

I would love to see a DTCT class. The work that goes into achieving the branching coupled with the perfect DT spread. Although I see a lot more EE enthusiasts.
ChibreneyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #90 
hannah16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibreneyDragon View Post
I would love to see a DTCT class. The work that goes into achieving the branching coupled with the perfect DT spread. Although I see a lot more EE enthusiasts.
Oh! Me! Me! I love EE's !! I think they're so beautiful. I doubt there will ever be a class for them if there already isn't one.