Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #1 
Meggie6347

Early morning heart attack!

Hey everyone...so just basically what the title says!

A little bit of background: My ten gallon is going to be a temporary sorority tank for the female bettas I have been rescuing and raising from babies until they can be moved to the 20+ gallon tank at school that I am setting up.

They have all been in their separate little containers for a while...one was swimming freely with my molly in my tank, another was inside a breeding net in my ten gallon, another was in another container floating in another tank, and so on and so forth....

Anyway, I needed to do a total makeover on my ten gallon if it was to be a temporary sorority because I had been having some plant issues (long story) and I desperately needed a new plant haul...especially because the female in there had already 'claimed her territory' from the last couple of months and it needed to be changed up so she wouldn't get territorial..

So while I was doing a total makeover on the tank, I put the female bettas in cups and floated them in my king male's (who is a sick and recovering rescue betta) ten gallon tank. I left them floating in there overnight to stay warm because my main ten gallon tank was still heating up, getting moving, etc and when I release them I need to be able to keep an eye on them.

Well, at 10 this morning, my mom wakes me up and tells me that one of my bettas got out . So I jumped out of bed and ran over, and sure enough there was a half grown (I rescued her as a baby) female swimming with a huge king male...

My mom was the one that saved her this time...if she hadn't looked at my bettas I don't know what would have happened!

What happened was somehow her cup sank (I don't even know how! I have been floating cups like that for months!) and she would have suffocated had she not found the teeny tiny little hole in the top of the lid (I have no idea how she found it)...and swam out.

Holy moly...my heart attack for the day....I don't even know how long she was out, but she looked awfully happy swimming around in a ten gallon! I could feel her glaring at me when I netted her back into her cup
Meggie6347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #2 
SpeakNow13

Phew!!!! I'm glad you caught her in time!!! Heart attack indeed!!!!
SpeakNow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #3 
Meggie6347

The funny thing was that the king male didn't look like he could care less!
Meggie6347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:49 PM   #4 
SpeakNow13

[quote=Meggie6347;1367456]The funny thing was that the king male didn't look like he could care less! [/QUOTE

haha GOOD! I wonder how long she was in there swimmin around!
SpeakNow13 is offline   Reply With Quote