Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #41 
Kithy

No matter what you add you will want to quarantine them for at least a week, longer is better if you can. And you will want to be there watching after they are added for any aggression or just incompatibility. Fish attitudes can vary from fish to fish even within the same species.
Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:14 PM   #42 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Pygmy Cories are not going to very that much. Not all fish have personalities.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #43 
Kithy

Was thinking more along the lines of the betta since some are docile to other fish and some aren't.
Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #44 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Yeah Bettas very Pygmy Cories dont except when comparing the 3 species.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:51 PM   #45 
Neight

Just to pop in an add on, I really wouldn't suggest getting tank mates unless you have a spare tank that will meet their needs for both a quarantine time, and if something should happen to go wrong. You cannot quarantine five pygmy cories in a one gallon for a week. They are rather delicate fish in terms of water parameters, and should something go wrong, you probably don't want to deal with the water changes you would need to do in a one gallon for a betta. Some bettas will /not/ tolerate tank mates, no matter how docile they seem, and the other fish will need to be removed, or you will need to remove the betta /to a suitable home/. If you consider any other fish for his tank, you must consider being able to care for them separately if it does not go as planned.
Neight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:27 AM   #46 
Skyewillow

I had a few small platies in with my betta. He and the male (a peppermint) didn't see eye to eye, but everyone else was fine, including my ghost shrimp, baby frogs, and my snails (rams, ponds, assassin, trapdoor).

Mike had a female betta with his guppies when he first started, she killed a bronze cory, and ate a couple of the adult females. She also killed some shrimp, and has eaten snails. She HAS to be kept by herself.

The point of those two stories were that some bettas will live with other livestock, and others will destroy anything you put in with them.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote