Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: What dog breed do you like?
German shepherd 3 10.71%
Border collie 2 7.14%
Shih tzu 2 7.14%
Golden retiever 2 7.14%
Borozi 1 3.57%
Puggle 2 7.14%
Brussels griffon line 1 3.57%
Rottweiler 1 3.57%
Husky 2 7.14%
Any mix breeds 12 42.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #121 
bingus09

Bullies

I have 2 French Bulldogs and 1 English Bulldog. I also foster for Chicago French Bulldog Rescue.
bingus09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #122 
bingus09

I would say he needs some basic sit/stay obedience. Technically, rushing through the door like that is lack of respect. That doesn't mean he doesn't love you and generally respect you! Just in this situation. I'd try being on his side of the door. Getting a calm sit and focus on you before you even touch the door. Go through that until you can touch the door, open it, and he waits for your command to enter. That's how we resolved it with 3 bulldogs in our household! It's just safer.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #123 
bingus09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry the platypus View Post
Treats, treats, treats! Try getting her distracted like throw a treat for her or throw a toy.
That is so wrong, I'm sorry. That is REWARDING her in the dogs eyes. Rewarding her for charging through the doorway... Idk how anyone could see that as training.
Try this: I would say he needs some basic sit/stay obedience. Technically, rushing through the door like that is lack of respect. That doesn't mean he doesn't love you and generally respect you! Just in this situation. I'd try being on his side of the door. Getting a calm sit and focus on you before you even touch the door. Go through that until you can touch the door, open it, and he waits for your command to enter. That's how we resolved it with 3 bulldogs in our household! It's just safer.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:55 PM   #124 
Perry the platypus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingus09 View Post
That is so wrong, I'm sorry. That is REWARDING her in the dogs eyes. Rewarding her for charging through the doorway... Idk how anyone could see that as training.
Try this: I would say he needs some basic sit/stay obedience. Technically, rushing through the door like that is lack of respect. That doesn't mean he doesn't love you and generally respect you! Just in this situation. I'd try being on his side of the door. Getting a calm sit and focus on you before you even touch the door. Go through that until you can touch the door, open it, and he waits for your command to enter. That's how we resolved it with 3 bulldogs in our household! It's just safer.
Sorry I meant get here distracted like someone go outside.
Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #125 
Perry the platypus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy1226 View Post
These are my two miniature Dachshunds, Mason(brown, 10 years) and Dixie(black and tan, 11 years) at the bank of the James River in Virginia :)
Cute! And yes I do recommend harnesses.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #126 
Izzy1226

Thanks! Sometimes when I leave my mom in charge of readying the dogs for a walk she'll think that the harnesses are unnecessary D: They end up choking and we have to carry them -_- I agree that all small dogs should wear harnesses when leashed.
Izzy1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:56 PM   #127 
NVGail228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy1226 View Post
Thanks! Sometimes when I leave my mom in charge of readying the dogs for a walk she'll think that the harnesses are unnecessary D: They end up choking and we have to carry them -_- I agree that all small dogs should wear harnesses when leashed.
I agree with you...and want to. But I have a hairless Chinese Crested and have to orderbon line. Her chest is so deep and her neck so skinny (plus buckles would rub her raw) that I'm having a heck of a time finding one. I could get her one of those mesh ones but they don't fit her well at all. And it gets VERY hot here in the summer so a vest harness would be torture. I'm actually thinking about trying to rig something up on my own,
NVGail228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #128 
Perry the platypus

Yes. It's comfortable too.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:47 AM   #129 
Meowow

Yeah, I have 2
Lyla and Murphy
I might be getting this big fella soon

Aint she beautiful? I asked if they could name her Rocky for me, because I am the one who will be getting her, and my older brother ALWAYS gets to name the family dogs. So I asked the shelter. Lets see what they say. ;) Anyway, supper excited to get her! She is super sweet and has a heart on her back, one blue eye, one brown. We called them, now we are waiting for a reply. Cant wait!
Lyla sitting on my lap

Murphy

Meowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #130 
Perry the platypus

I love medium to big dogs because if you get a small chihuahua you might squish it. That happened to my friend once. By the way cute dogs!

Tags
dog breeds, dogs, perry, perry spams tags, training