Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #51 
Bluewind

Just make sure we can change the lights to what we want hun and you should be golden

You have lots of opportunities to profit off accessories that can be sold sepretly. Like various backgrounds (reg and blacklight!). Lots of fun things to imagine and create...

So are you regretting posting here yet or happy you did?
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #52 
Solaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterBettas View Post
Thanks guys.

The tank is mounted just like a picture frame. On a stud of course.
Huh! That's pretty simple! How much does it weigh? And, if you did make it deeper, how much would it weight then?

Although, now that I think about it, studs can hold a lot.... So, if you had multiple studs/hooks, you could make an even bigger one!
Solaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #53 
BetterBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewind View Post
Just make sure we can change the lights to what we want hun and you should be golden

You have lots of opportunities to profit off accessories that can be sold sepretly. Like various backgrounds (reg and blacklight!). Lots of fun things to imagine and create...

So are you regretting posting here yet or happy you did?
Posted via Mobile Device
If I move the frame to the front of the tank you can hide lights behind it. I could even hide mini valves that would make water changes easier.

I will probably not offer more than recomendations on accessories.

I am happy I posted here. Just what I needed for ideas.
I was about to give up. Now I might continue onward.
BetterBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #54 
Bluewind

Awwww! That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #55 
Fishybusiness

I like the concept. I'd probably buy one just because I like the picture frame look but only after the mentioned kinks are worked out. Also, this may be minor but you should put grass on both sides. More symetrical in design. I've seen nothing like it available at our stores (Petco, Petsmart would be glad to carry it - I'm sure!). The white betta contrast against the background and the grass and gravel make it pop. I'm not sure about function but it certainly is beautiful.
Add grass to the other side once you've made the changes and send it to major stores.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Fishybusiness; 12-30-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Fishybusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #56 
bettasareawesome

Location: Iowa, Midwest, USA, North America, Earth, The Sol Star System, Milky Way
What are the dimensions of it? I like the design and it looks really cool, also 2 gallons is about an okay size for bettas with enough water changes. And it's much bigger than other hanging betta tanks: http://reviews.petco.com/3554/14428/...ws/reviews.htm
I would probably buy one if it had more depth and if the price was right. I really like it though. Once all the kinks are worked out I think you should mass produce it and send it to big stores, some people may say it's to small but 2 gal. is an okay size for most bettas. Also it looks cool so a lot of people would probably buy it.

Last edited by bettasareawesome; 12-30-2012 at 03:10 PM.
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #57 
BetterBettas

It is about 12" tall, 9 1/2" wide, 2 1/4" deep. bowl sticks out an additional 2 1/2". This is disregarding the frame of course.

It may actually be less than 2 gallons. I need to recheck it sometime.

Anyway here is what I had in mind for changes in the design.

I would like 3" deep, 12" tall, 16" wide, and a bowl large enough to fit hand into to arrange decor.

Last edited by BetterBettas; 12-30-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #58 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterBettas View Post
You are right. I just run some clear airline tubing though the bowl opening to the bottom of the tank and siphon off about half the water.

To fill or refill the tank I have to tweek the airline tubing a little run it up though the opening to the very top of the tank and slowly suck out the air and pour in the water at the same time.

Very good question. I'm surprised no one else has asked that.

I actually have some mini valves I was thinking about installing one at top, and one at bottom to make it a little easier. But it would be a little less clean looking.

I also thought of making an acrylic half circle lid with mini hinges to cover the hole.

They have a clear acrylic hinges and valves...But I have already invested a lot of time and energy and im ready to be done.

Ahhh I see now, that's really cool. I really love the illusion and its a great way to take up some bare wall space with something you love :) The gravel and plant looks awesome in there.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #59 
FishyFishy89

That looks EVEN better!! I love the new idea you have! I'm not sure if it was asked, but what lighting is available?
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #60 
BetterBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishybusiness View Post
I like the concept. I'd probably buy one just because I like the picture frame look but only after the mentioned kinks are worked out. Also, this may be minor but you should put grass on both sides. More symetrical in design. I've seen nothing like it available at our stores (Petco, Petsmart would be glad to carry it - I'm sure!). The white betta contrast against the background and the grass and gravel make it pop. I'm not sure about function but it certainly is beautiful.
Add grass to the other side once you've made the changes and send it to major stores.
Posted via Mobile Device

I tried grass dead center, and the optical effect of the bowl made it look awful. I also tried grass on both sides.. it was symetrical... However appeared unatural. Once I make a wider design that idea should work.

I do a lot of Ebay selling. I do pretty good. Marketing to petco and petsmart sounds like a daunting task. I couldn't see how it would be possible unless I worked with one of there regular venders like fluval or something.