Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #11 
Angelafish

Still trying to pin down a name for my new guy... Since they're 'fighting' fish, I wanted to go with the 'warrior' type theme lol...
So I'm tossing around El Cid (Sid for short), Samurai (Sami for short), and Spartacus (Sparty? lol ) :)
Angelafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:39 PM   #12 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Bettas are named after the Asian Tribe.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:04 AM   #13 
SebastianVU

Vladimir (Владимир) because I love Russia (:
SebastianVU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:45 AM   #14 
Lindo

Mine is named Lindo. It means "cute" or "cute boy" in Spanish.

That's what my wife told me, she is Puerto Rican. :)
Lindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:48 AM   #15 
fleetfish

So I did an impulse buy, ten minutes before the LPS was closing .... and I picked up a yellow VT boy. He's pretty young and man was he HUNGRY last night! He kept nibbling my fingers, it was so cute. So I'm tentatively naming him Nipper. It might stick :)

Other names just sort of come. Petunia is named for the fact that he is pink, purple and white. So he needed a girly name. He hates me for it, lol.

Eric The Half A Beard is named from a Monty Python song. Eric certainly has only half of his beard, possibly an injury from his youth. He still flares like crazy though.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:16 PM   #16 
Angelafish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelafish View Post
Still trying to pin down a name for my new guy... Since they're 'fighting' fish, I wanted to go with the 'warrior' type theme lol...
So I'm tossing around El Cid (Sid for short), Samurai (Sami for short), and Spartacus (Sparty? lol ) :)
Update- well, after more deliberation I'm stuck in between Tuco (from the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly) and Rafa (not after the tennis player, lol... I just like the name!). I think they both sound good, even if they don't relate to fish at all! Any opinions? :) (maybe I should just get 2 fish )
Angelafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:06 PM   #17 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Pick Rafa.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:11 PM   #18 
FishFriend9292

The pool game Marco-Polo. I named my betta Marco and my snail Polo so they can play the game together if they want, LOL.
FishFriend9292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:33 PM   #19 
carbonxxkidd

My boys are named after characters from the X-Files - Krycek and Tooms.
My girls are named after characters from Fringe - Olivia, Astrid, Etta, Nina, Elizabeth, Rachel, Ella, Gene, Rebecca

I also have a baby betta, unnamed. I haven't decided what it's name will be for either gender, but it will probably be either X-Files or Fringe related, lol. They are two of my favorite shows :D
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #20 
Vizja13

Cap: He's a red white and blue marble veiltail, petco betta, I was shocked to find him among all the reds. He was originally named "Draco" (Latin or something for Dragon, he has a castle in his tank) then my friend met him, and saw his colors, both of us are Marvel movie nuts, an refused to call him Draco. Called him Cap. Finally that name just stuck to him. It fits much better. For any Marvel junkies out there, his algae eater (an Oto) is named Coulson.
Rory:Okay so I also love Doctor Who. This purple-ish boy (his colors are layered blue and red; his body looks purple) ended up being named after Rory, the Roman Centurion. Reminded me of the colors in Rory's Roman outfit.
Sexy: (please don't shoot me) My adorable blue marble crowntail female, she has red tips on her fins, and yes it's a marking. Also from Doctor Who, when the TARDIS became a woman in "The Doctor's Wife" (series...5? 6? I need to look that up)the Doctor calls her "Sexy" so Sexy she is :)

I'm such a dork...
Vizja13 is offline   Reply With Quote