Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-07-2011, 12:08 AM   #21 
Aluyasha

Ok, so I chose to take out the gravel and added some things. I also put some Christmas wrapping paper for the background. :)
Here it is:
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:15 AM   #22 
LilyK

Love the Christmas wrapping!
LilyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #23 
Larsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLeyla View Post
Lol I actually just ordered some triops. xP
lolz awesome! I get mine from hobby stores! Those critter keepers totally work great for triops too! ^-^ I have another tiny one thats like 1/2 gal for triops and brine shrimp.
Larsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:53 AM   #24 
veilmist

Ugh my dream tank is a 3 gallon kritter keeper! Any suggestions on heating it though? This is my dream tank so I really want to do it right for cadence! Also filter or no filter? Water change suggestions? I'm new so I'm always looking for advice!
veilmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:33 AM   #25 
Skyewillow

they make tiny little aquatic heaters for KK's, I don't remember the brand, but I think they're called slim heaters or something similar. I just saw them at the fish store the other day. If I find them, I'll let you know. I also have a little 1 gal airline powered filter that I love for my bettas, they never get stuck to the intakes. So it's very safe. :)
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:41 AM   #26 
veilmist

Thank you! I'm thinking whisper filter? Is that even a filter? haha... I have a cat so I need the nice secure lid. When the cat isn't around (while I'm away at school) I need it to keep my roommates out. Haha they would love on Cadence too hard and probably always feed him.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:43 AM   #27 
Skyewillow

I've found the heaters!

Whisper is a brand of filter, they make the in tank filters. I have lost bettas to them getting stuck on the intake grill though, so that's something to really watch out for.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:49 AM   #28 
veilmist

Hmm no Whisper then... if you have any good filters for a 3 gal let me know! Cadence is very used to having a filter but I would like to get him one that is a bit more gentle...
Old 12-31-2012, 02:51 AM   #29 
Skyewillow

I don't remember the brand of my airline in-tank, but it's gentle, and good. it's rated for a gallon. Otherwise, I like HOB's, I can cover the intake with some nylons and it keeps everyone from getting sucked in. The alternative is a sponge filter. I don't know how effective it would be though, since I've never used one.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:02 AM   #30 
veilmist

I certainly have access to nylons! (the ones that are for your legs, right?)