Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-31-2012, 02:41 AM   #51 
Phaydra

The only thing dull here sir is the misinformation.

I over heard a woman tell a man that females were dull and boring at a Petco 2 weeks ago. Same woman told him he could house to males in a 2.5 with weekly water changes.(Cringe) I had to show him A-tsh-hi's Bad Bubbles video. She has more color then most my males. I also convinced him to get a 5g for one male betta. I use that video to show a few people just how active a warm betta is too. My little girl is a crusader for bettas all over SoCal.
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:11 AM   #52 
aemaki09

I like my girls better because they can be kept together.
I think that the reason other people really dont like them is because what they see in petstores are mostly cambodians and blues, and that makes them think that most other females will be those colors, and those colors only.

I wish most pet stores would get better stock to show people that they really arent boring but I dont think they will do that any time soon.

Luckily the place where I've gotten most of mine at carry pretty decent females, atleast in coloration variety. I have gotten all sorts of different colors all from that one store and they carry them all those different colors at the same time. I have never heard anyone in that store say females are boring, but they will in other stores.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:33 AM   #53 
Juicebox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaltd1 View Post
If you buy a tank, you get $5 coupons (if you're a "PALS card member).
im a pals member,i have bought 2 tanks from petco and never got 5 dollar coupons, as far as i know its only for every 100 dollars you spend you get a 5 dollar coupon,thats how my pals works anyways.

are u sure u did not get the coupons coz u had spent 100 total
Juicebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:19 PM   #54 
carbonxxkidd

Phaydra, I love your girl! She is gorgeous, I'd like to have one like her for my sorority :)

aemaki, I think a lot of it is the unique girls just get picked up right away, especially if they look healthy. There are actually 2 VT females at my local Petsmart right now that are mustard gas/chocolate but have TERRIBLE fin rot. The one has been there for a couple weeks now...if she's still there the next time I go, I'm going to rescue her. All the others are like you said, cambodian or blue! Petco seems to have a better selection, at least two of three Petcos I've been to in my area have had a whole variety of females - still some cambodians and blues but also reds, yellows, etc. It'd be fun to find some double tail females around instead of only CT and VT though.
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:42 PM   #55 
Phaydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonxxkidd View Post
Phaydra, I love your girl! She is gorgeous, I'd like to have one like her for my sorority :)
It will be a while before I attempt to breed her but she is one of TheGreatBetta's from aquabid. He sells through Jennifer Viveiros now though. She is a copper half moon.

Last edited by Phaydra; 12-31-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:36 PM   #56 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonxxkidd View Post

aemaki, I think a lot of it is the unique girls just get picked up right away, especially if they look healthy. There are actually 2 VT females at my local Petsmart right now that are mustard gas/chocolate but have TERRIBLE fin rot. The one has been there for a couple weeks now...if she's still there the next time I go, I'm going to rescue her. All the others are like you said, cambodian or blue! Petco seems to have a better selection, at least two of three Petcos I've been to in my area have had a whole variety of females - still some cambodians and blues but also reds, yellows, etc. It'd be fun to find some double tail females around instead of only CT and VT though.
Yeah, you are right. the more interesting ones definitely get picked through the fastest, but if they are all gone within a couple of days within them getting their shipment, they must not ship in that many interesting ones.
I saw this yellow VT sitting on my petsmart shelf for like 2 months though, thats a somewhat interesting color, atleast for my petsmart to carry, I rescued her only after I saw like 10-15 of the other betta's frozen to death and only her and like 3 others left swimming and active.
Godluck with the MG's!!! and I'd love to find some Dt's girls too, but only 1 store near me even carries HM's!
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:52 PM   #57 
Xaltd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicebox View Post
im a pals member,i have bought 2 tanks from petco and never got 5 dollar coupons, as far as i know its only for every 100 dollars you spend you get a 5 dollar coupon,thats how my pals works anyways.

are u sure u did not get the coupons coz u had spent 100 total
Yes, $5 per 100... by the time I bought gravel, replacement filters, 5 real plants, the "Master Test" water quality kit, a glass thermometer, more betta hammocks, salt for water treatment, new tank starting "bio" chemicals, the castle that looks so great, 3 plastic plants to use until the new ones grow, Ph tabs.. cha-CHING...
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:05 PM   #58 
logisticsguy

Female bettas rock! My sorority tank is my favorite. lots of action and they are definitely not boring at all. The girls are chubby so I put them on a diet and all got very grumpy. To me they are just beautiful. I have an alpha female who looks after the smaller females when they are added to the tank, with her in charge there is peace in the tank. When I took her out for a week to spawn it got nasty in there. My females will eat anything and are much less fussy than the boys. 2 girls do not play well with others and have moved into their own apartment, a divided 10g and they do well there. Love the girl Bettas!
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:24 PM   #59 
CrazyFishDude

My stepsister's female betta was very pale pink when we got her at the pet store, now she's hot pink with a purple stripe on her body (no, it's not a stress stripe, it's actually part of her coloring) and some royal blue on her fins. And she's pretty active too. I hate when people say that female betas are ugly, and I hear that a lot...
CrazyFishDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:50 PM   #60 
SolomonFinch

Pitti- I agree, once you meet that first one (mine was a lil boy), it's love.
LittleBettaFish...Gorgeous girls you have there!
I am new to female bettas, but mine are just MESMERIZING in their interaction, and so much personality!
People really do miss out when they pass up a spunky female betta.
SolomonFinch is offline   Reply With Quote