Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-31-2012, 04:42 PM   #16091 
LittleBettaFish

Yes, I've never understood how some people on here can be so vehemently against housing bettas in 1 gallon tanks and then be fine with massively overstocking their community tanks.

Bettas are not really an active fish compared to something like a danio, tetra or rasbora. I think providing as much space as possible is much more important for these fish than it is for a single betta splendens.

Also another thing that irks me, people saying it's okay to house schooling fish either alone or in a pair. If you don't have the space to cater to a full school of fish, the simple answer is not to purchase them in the first place.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:45 PM   #16092 
Sena Hansler

Don't be a fool, get a school!

I know some people on here will snap at me for this... But 1. a balloon molly aught to have brackish water. 2. ONE molly and a betta is a bad idea. Especially in a 5 gallon or something... Mollies poop a lot -_- plus get 4 inches big :3

My 30 community has 8 platys. Was going to put my giant betta in there, but I hate those platys... They are mean!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:46 PM   #16093 
pittipuppylove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
I am amazed at how many people spew on here about how bad anything smaller than 5 or 10 gallons is... Yet, they are the same people who condone squishing billions of fish in their glorious 5-10 gallons. Ugh -.- If and when this place becomes Yahoo Answers, I'm disappearing. It's sad, really. Post count means nothing.
+1
The joys of stocking tanks. I mean, we all start somewhere, but there's something to be said about learning how things work and adapting.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by pittipuppylove; 12-31-2012 at 04:55 PM.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:50 PM   #16094 
pittipuppylove

Sorry, double post. Darned phone.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:51 PM   #16095 
Sena Hansler

Another rant: Wanted to go to the city today. BF was too "tired" to drive there, instead he drives to his parent's place and is helping his dad build something. -_- And anything I would want to go to, is closed tomorrow. GREAT.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:29 PM   #16096 
Shirleythebetta

RoMay-I understand about being concerned for someone you love. It's a pain when they get mad at you for it. My Mother-in-Law is one of those people who weigh a lot and are sick from it. She complains and complains about her weight and her joint pain but she won't eat right or exercise. It doesn't make any sense. It can be frustrating.

Sena-I am one of those people that have one gallons. I see nothing wrong with them as long as they are maintained correctly. I have one boy with heavy fins that will lay at the bottom or on a plant in a large tank in a short time because he gets exhausted. He is old and doesn't want to move much anymore. I have several one gallons and one and a half gallons and they are healthy and active. My old guy I just mentioned is much more active in the one gallon and it isn't too small for decor. I have a plant and a cave in there and he has plenty of room to swim. But everyone intitled to there opinions I guess. I tend to ignore those who get on me about tank size and move on to another topic. Sorry so winded but this is a sensitive topic for me too.

My rant-I am so sick and today is me and my husbands special day. We got married on leap day this year but we started dating on New Years Eve. We had plans but both of us are sick. And it's snowing. And he is afraid to go out tonight anyways after he went to the grocery store yesterday and saw person after person with alchohol. We went out to grab dinner in our town a few minutes ago and we saw two people get pulled over already and it's only five thirty.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:33 PM   #16097 
LittleBettaFish

It wasn't about bettas being housed in 1 gallons that was inappropriate. It was about people that are rabidly opposed to keeping bettas in anything under 5-10 gallons but then are perfectly fine with a species such as zebra danios being cramped into a 10 gallon tank.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:44 PM   #16098 
Sena Hansler

Well, people do complain about the BEST people on this forum having 1 gallons as well Take a look at my tail biter veiltail... I'll even post a picture of him. He shredded his tail in a ten gallon AND a five gallon. What is he in now? 1 gallon. Cleaned every other day like the baby betta fish jars are. His fins are completely healed, and he stopped biting.

Everyone IS entitled to their opinions.. But being all high and mighty and saying everyone is wrong but them... Well, that right there is pulling a ThaiTy (anyone who knows that youtube guy knows what I mean xD)
Old 12-31-2012, 07:18 PM   #16099 
Sparrowhawk

Now I'm kinda worried that my tail biter HM is going to freak at a larger space when I upgrade his tank, eep!

My rant for the day is about peer pressure. We all got lectures about the evils of peer pressure during primary and high school, right? I'm just wondering why people didn't retain that information and carry it over to adulthood.

Now, I'm no prude, and I'm not against having a good time when you want to, have a few drinks and enjoy, but don't pressure me or anyone else into staying out all night drinking if that's not what we want to do!

Yes, it's disappointing that my partner and I had to go home early on NYE, right after doing the traditional Rocky Horror thing, but it's not "weak" for him to be responsible and not go drinking when he had work at 5am, and with these people not being teenagers anymore, I'd have expected them to know better than to try and pressure someone with a high responsibility job to pull a drunken all-nighter.

They're dear friends of mine but sometimes I wonder whether the allure of booze had temporarily addled their minds. They just don't understand that we no longer enjoy staying out till the sun comes up, that we're finished with hangovers, and we prefer to spend money on tangible things we can keep, not throwing our money down the toilet.

Ugh.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #16100 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

School. Nothing ever comes from it. Many teachers ignore me.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou