Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-31-2012, 01:22 PM   #11 
Myates

Even at 70* at night, you will still need heaters as they should be in 82-85*, and the tank with no heater tends to be a bit below air temp.

If you still want to import, even if the transhipper is a few states away, that is fine - they will rebag the fish, add in a heat pack, etc to make sure it arrives to you safely.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #12 
Foxers

I have a submersible heater that keeps a 15g coloumn at 80* i think that would work alright, sadly it isint adjustable. But i would love to buy an import, but i dont know how expensive that will get, most fish on aquabid, females that is, are set at $20. But then theres shipping to a transhipper then to me...shipping will probably cost a hell of a lot
Foxers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:52 PM   #13 
Myates

Not too terribly.. usually shipping for them in the other country it's around $7 (at least in my experience talking with breeders in Indonesia and Thailand), and then with the transhipper it depends if you go the express at $35 (recommended during winter) or the normal at $15.

The 80* is fine for a pet betta.. breeding you will want one or two tanks that are bigger than 15g and set at higher temps. I get my heaters from here, good prices, all adjustable.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote