Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Show Bettas
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-31-2012, 07:59 PM   #41 
LittleBettaFish

Are they two new pairs of imbellis or of another species?

I can't remember if you have or were trying to locate some pure Betta stiktos. Have you had any luck in that regard? They are a nice looking fish but seem pretty hard to find in 'pure' form.

I reckon wild-caught bettas are pretty easy to acclimatise and settle in as long as the conditions in your tank are good. I've never had any issue with settling wild-caught bettas in or getting them conditioned to spawn.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #42 
Setsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Wow your good with wild caught. Do you have Betta Fusca. Mouthbrooders?
No, sadly i dont like mouthbrooders they are much harder to keep then bubble nesters they require alot of things to keep them alive ^^ i just only bettas that i can put in one container and still be happy. If you like i'll make a video on how i keep my bettas
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:03 PM   #43 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I would love to see a video of your care.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:07 PM   #44 
Setsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Are they two new pairs of imbellis or of another species?

I can't remember if you have or were trying to locate some pure Betta stiktos. Have you had any luck in that regard? They are a nice looking fish but seem pretty hard to find in 'pure' form.

I reckon wild-caught bettas are pretty easy to acclimatise and settle in as long as the conditions in your tank are good. I've never had any issue with settling wild-caught bettas in or getting them conditioned to spawn.
The new ones that im getting is a pair of imbellis (again just love how they way they look) and a pair of mahachaiensis. I was supposed to get a pair of smaragdina and a male splenden (wild type)but i told my friend thats too many bettas at one time so i told him to send me the mahachaiensis and imbellis first then send the other pair next shipment
Old 12-31-2012, 08:10 PM   #45 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I hope you breed the Splendedin if its Pureblood.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:10 PM   #46 
Setsuna

Quote:
I would love to see a video of your care.
Hahaha okay my care is not the best but i'll make a video on how i care for my bettas. Wait next week when my new ones get here then i'll start shooting when i go pick up the fishes and settle them down
Old 12-31-2012, 08:11 PM   #47 
Setsuna

Quote:
I hope you breed the Splendedin if its Pureblood.
I only keep purebloods
Old 12-31-2012, 08:11 PM   #48 
LittleBettaFish

Haha I know the feeling. Wild bettas are so addictive. I was only going to order one pair recently and then I ended up ordering three so now I have to scramble to get tanks set up for them.

Then being the prolific little buggers that they are they go and have a batch of fry just as you fill up your last tank.

We apparently got some nice, pure looking imbellis into the country from Hermanus in Indonesia. The ones available through the wholesalers and even some imported in from Thailand have been pretty average.

It's funny how usually if you get into wild bettas there is a certain complex that you are drawn to. Babystarz seems to be mouthbrooders, you seem to be splendens and I am coccina. Luckily there is so much variety within the one genus.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:11 PM   #49 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I am hoping to someday have wild types.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:13 PM   #50 
Setsuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Haha I know the feeling. Wild bettas are so addictive. I was only going to order one pair recently and then I ended up ordering three so now I have to scramble to get tanks set up for them.

Then being the prolific little buggers that they are they go and have a batch of fry just as you fill up your last tank.

We apparently got some nice, pure looking imbellis into the country from Hermanus in Indonesia. The ones available through the wholesalers and even some imported in from Thailand have been pretty average.

It's funny how usually if you get into wild bettas there is a certain complex that you are drawn to. Babystarz seems to be mouthbrooders, you seem to be splendens and I am coccina. Luckily there is so much variety within the one genus.
yea thats very true