Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #11 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEricNguyenx View Post
Last question. Is it okay to breed diffrent types of betta like Halfmoon and etc. (Diffrent fin shapes)
Depends. If you want a specific tail type they have to be the same type parents. If you don't care about looks, breed anything.

What will you do with the babies? Did you know they can have 200 or more babies?
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #12 
FishFriend9292

Yes, you can, but with some tail types it will bring down the value of the betta because it is not purebreed and may have a different appearence. For example, like Lebronthebetta said, it can make crowntails rays messy.
FishFriend9292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #13 
xEricNguyenx

What color should i get CT female with my red one? I want really nice colors.
xEricNguyenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #14 
LebronTheBetta

Your guys are VTs. (Veiltails) They're the least desired since they're massively over bred. What colors do you want exactly?
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #15 
xEricNguyenx

Also this is very important for me to breed him. Do you think my red betta is ready to breed? (age wise)
Old 01-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #16 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Definatly two veil tail boys. Buy a female and do lots of research if you want to breed them, and never put males together. Also, please reconsider breeding veil tails. We have enough of them already.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #17 
xEricNguyenx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Your guys are VTs. (Veiltails) They're the least desired since they're massively over bred. What colors do you want exactly?
The colors i would like would be black red blue green anything pretty :D
I plan on keeping all of them have 100g tank. I heard that keeping baby betta together wont fight until spepertaed??
Old 01-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #18 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

And if you bought these from a pet store, start conditioning them Immediately because they might already be to old.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #19 
LittleBettaFish

Honestly, you are going to have practically no market for any resulting fry out of a cross with either of these males. Blue and red VTs are about the most common type of betta available and so their price usually reflects this.

As to keeping them all peacefully in a 100 gallon tank, you are more than likely only going to be able to do that with the females. Also to really get the best finnage it's advised to jar out the males. Once they have been jarred however, you are going to have a lot of difficulty re-introducing them to your main tank.

Are they the permanent homes of your bettas? If so you are going to need a heater unless you are keeping your room at a toasty 80-82 farenheit 24 hours a day.

Judging by the questions you have been asking I would say you need to do a ton more research before even attempting to spawn your bettas. Fry need to be fed live food several times a day, so you need to purchase live food cultures in advance and get the hang of hatching BBS on a daily basis. It's not just as simple as putting two bettas into a tank together and having them spawn. One or both fish can be seriously injured or killed if your fish are not conditioned correctly or you being inexperienced, misjudge when they are ready and release your female too early.

Don't want to sound like a Debbie Downer, but please do some research. If you can't tell that these bettas are both male you definitely shouldn't be thinking of trying to spawn them right now.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:26 AM   #20 
Meggie6347

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Both boys, very pretty. :) Don't ever make them fight.. I consider that animal abuse. Just remember that breeding bettas is very costly and time consuming, you can easily spend over $500.. And yes, you can cross types. CTs will make the fins messy with their web reduction so just stick with CT x CT if you want to do CTs. (Crowntails)
And make sure you do lots of research before breeding! I am contemplating breeding one of my males (not show quality, just for fun)...but it is a lot of research and preparation! Definitely not as easy as breeding something like guppies!

When did you get your boys?
Meggie6347 is offline   Reply With Quote