Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-01-2013, 10:58 PM   #3331 
SQUIRT1216

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
I love them so much too!! This is probably the best looking one I've seen in quite a while though.

I'm really tempted to put a bid on this guy though. He'd be my first import, but he's just so cool looking!! I just talked to the transhipper and I'm waiting on the seller to get back to me. I'm almost praying he doesnt have anyone to pair this boy with so I wont buy him, even though I probably will end up buying him. :( Somebody. please critique him so I have reasons not to buy! :)

He's a very beautiful fancy halfmoon. I have a few import and my transhipper was Linda Olson (I highly recommend her, she is fast to reply email and all my fishes are safe and sound). I would buy it but my paycheck only cover rent this month. And I dont have a tank ready for him
SQUIRT1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #3332 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUIRT1216 View Post
He's a very beautiful fancy halfmoon. I have a few import and my transhipper was Linda Olson (I highly recommend her, she is fast to reply email and all my fishes are safe and sound). I would buy it but my paycheck only cover rent this month. And I dont have a tank ready for him
How much does it cost to use Linda as a transhipper? Does she ship priority? Was planning to use Kevin since he is closer, and his prices sound fair, but I might check with Linda too.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #3333 
SQUIRT1216

Quote:
How much does it cost to use Linda as a transhipper? Does she ship priority? Was planning to use Kevin since he is closer, and his prices sound fair, but I might check with Linda too.
Here is the email she sent me, i bought 2 at this time ( i bought 5 imports total and she shipped all of them)

Express Mail (a 2 day delivery to your ZIP code), and Priority Mail (a 2 to 3 day delivery, but with no guaranteed delivery date).
Express Mail: Import fees @ $1.20 per fish $2.40 / handling @$2 per fish $4 / / shipping box $5 / heat pack $2 / Express Mail $36 / total $46.40
Priority Mail: Import fees @ $1.20per fish $2.40 / handling @ $2 per fish $4 / shipping box $5 / heat pack $2 / Priority Mail $16 / total $29.40

Each additional betta will ship for just $4.20 for Express or $3.50 by Priority

^^ Keep in mind that this is for 2 fish, you might want to add up the total yourself
Old 01-01-2013, 11:22 PM   #3334 
aemaki09

That isn't too horribly bad. I mean it's a lot more than I want to spend, but I really love this boy! And I'm about to win a bid on a female I could put with him that is state-side, so I might have to do it.
So tempting!! :(
Old 01-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #3335 
SQUIRT1216

Well yea, so if you want both of them, then shipping is $30 for priority plus whatever price you getting them for. But be careful of priority in this weather though
Old 01-01-2013, 11:30 PM   #3336 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUIRT1216 View Post
Well yea, so if you want both of them, then shipping is $30 for priority plus whatever price you getting them for. But be careful of priority in this weather though

I've always shipped priority without a problem, so I'm not really worried about it, just as long as I can get a heat pack included.
Thanks for all the info on it. I'm still trying to decide if I want him. I mean he's gorgeous, but thats a lot of money.
Oh boy, oh, boy, how I wish they had fancies like this in the states!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:33 PM   #3337 
Butterfly

Quote:
YAY! he's definitely a great seller! which one did you choose? I've said this a million times, but you wont be disappointed, his pic quality isnt the greatest, but in person they are drop dead gorgeous.
Didn't even choose one yet hahah going to see what he has in a few weeks :) Several times I've clicked his AB auctions and drooooooled. xD

>.< To self: STOP LOOKING YOU HAVE TO STUDY DROOL RUINS YOUR TEXTBOOKS
rawr.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1357376796 *cries* so pretty. I guess it's 'dragons' that I like, not platinums.
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1357376993
TORTURE xDD

I love purple and some blues and what I like to call 'christmas' (dragon) , sometimes a marble. That marble is killer cute! :3
Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:56 PM   #3338 
aemaki09

oh yeah those boys are definitely good looking!!
I'm sure he'll still have some of those types left when youre ready for them! He's got so many of them its crazy!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:36 AM   #3339 
Chard56

Quote:
I love them so much too!! This is probably the best looking one I've seen in quite a while though.

I'm really tempted to put a bid on this guy though. He'd be my first import, but he's just so cool looking!! I just talked to the transhipper and I'm waiting on the seller to get back to me. I'm almost praying he doesnt have anyone to pair this boy with so I wont buy him, even though I probably will end up buying him. :( Somebody. please critique him so I have reasons not to buy! :)

He is a Feather tail and has horrible ex-factor scaling. That would be all I need to see not to buy, let alone breed him.
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:39 AM   #3340 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chard56 View Post
He is a Feather tail and has horrible ex-factor scaling. That would be all I need to see not to buy, let alone breed him.
what is ex factor scaling?

Would you suggest this one instead? its been a tie between the two all day, even though I really am not a fan of paying a transhipper, they both were gorgeous to me

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this