Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #11 
DiiQue

I say just stick with the one you already have a bid on, fix your windshield and take it from there. It doesnt look like you are short on fish! :)

You'll find another fish of equal quality I'm sure but it would suck bad if your windshield cracked/shattered... Especially now. ;)
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #12 
Skyewillow

Yea, I lost my buck with our first winter storm, his hutch blew open and he caught hypothermia. But my doe is my fiance's lost puppy. She'll follow him around, and get jealous if he talks to the other rabbits. lol

It's really up to you in the long run if you want another stud.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #13 
aemaki09

LOL I'm not too worried about the windshield, its just got a few cracks in it from rocks being kicked into it by semi's when my boyfriend takes it to work. It's been like that for months and hasnt got any worse.
Yeah, I'll probably find another fish of this quality sooner or later, but its not easy to find them like this in the states.
The guy selling these is a transhipper so he gets really good deals on them, especially when people dont pay him to ship their fish!
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #14 
Myates

I would get both if you have it in your budget.. no guarantee one (or both) will actually breed. The first one does have cleaner fins, but you can always work on that with the right female.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #15 
Skyewillow

it's always good to have a backup stud too. When my buck died, I was hosed, because to breed my doe, I have to find a new buck. Either buying or "borrowing".
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #16 
aemaki09

Yeah I'm going to think about it. I've still got like 2-3 days to bid. If there's no bids on the last day I'll probably go ahead and get him. It's hard to pic just one, this guy has so many nice betta's. Theres an HM boy im in love with of his too.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #17 
Bluewind

Well, have you considered waiting until next month to get the other boy so it wont put you at such a disadvantage? Or maybe contact the seller and asking him/her if you could buy both fish, but have him/her hold the boys til next month when you can better afford their tanks?
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #18 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewind View Post
Well, have you considered waiting until next month to get the other boy so it wont put you at such a disadvantage? Or maybe contact the seller and asking him/her if you could buy both fish, but have him/her hold the boys til next month when you can better afford their tanks?
Posted via Mobile Device
I have extra tanks open and ready for whatever I end up taking, that's not an issue, it's just weather or not I really have to have him, which I don't, I just can't get over how interesting his coloring is, and since he is in the state it wouldn't be a huge payment to get him to my door, especially since I am already paying for shipping on another fish from the same seller. I just don't know weather I would rather pay to get my windshield fixed, which really isn't a big deal to me since it hasn't gotten worse in months, or have a pretty new hmpk. Lol I probably shouldn't take him, but I really want him at the same time lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #19 
aemaki09

I just talked to the seller again. Said he has an impressive marbled female he doesnt have up for auction. Hoping he'll get back to me with pics soon, I'll probably forego the orange male I posted and get her instead.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-03-2013, 01:17 AM   #20 
Fishybitty

I love the first one. That pattern on his side is very cool!
Fishybitty is offline   Reply With Quote