Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #11 
eatmice2010

What if you did battery powered lights on top
eatmice2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #12 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmice2010 View Post
What if you did battery powered lights on top
that would actually make things a lot easier. i had considered how to power the filter and heater, but i forgot entirely about powering the lights.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #13 
LittleBlueFishlets

OK, it sounds to me like you're going to start with a round tank, separate it into 6 sections, and put it on a motorized turntable? Is that correct?

You could supply heated/filtered water to each section separately, or if you're not worried about contamination, just drill holes in the dividers so the water flows through all the sections. (Or use craft mesh.)

My only concern is how noisy it would be. I'd want a really quiet turntable. Other than that, it's a pretty cool idea. Even if it doesn't rotate, it's still a cool idea.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:02 AM   #14 
Aside

If the table is solid you could set up a small sump underneath it. Then you could filter and heat the water in the sump and then have it filter back through the sections? I have no idea what I'm talking about actually I just find this really interesting and would love to see how the idea developed.
Aside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #15 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I am wondering how the Bettas would react to it. Putting a small hole in the lid and growing semi aquatic plants would provide hiding spots and help with filteration.

Last edited by ChoclateBetta; 01-02-2013 at 11:53 AM.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #16 
SolomonFinch

TBH- I have considered (and own) vases of various sizes to "display" my more attractive fish.
You know, for a more formal look during a party or company.
Then I imagine how red I would break if someone knocked over the temporary showcases and save the vases for flowers.
Essentially, I think your idea is genuis.(whic ironically, I am aware I just misspelled...that, too)
I am the type of person to purchase a temporary display for my fish. Because they rock.
SolomonFinch is offline   Reply With Quote