I was thinking of (once I have sterilised my tank etc) rescaping it. This time instead of gravel etc I was thinking of having a soil or silica based tank - with much more plants. There is a person online who sells around 60 plants for $20 which is CHEAP and I am thinking of buying them once I have the time.
So, some questions:
- Could silica sand replace the soil?
- Do I NEED shrimp? (They aren't easy to get here)
- What sort of snails? Does it matter?
- Will having lots of plants in the tank help the cycle?
- Could I have my filter running, it is a top, baffled one?
Thank you :) x (P.s. sorry for all of the questions!)