Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-03-2013, 03:26 AM   #3351 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah16 View Post
I LOVE this male. I think he's so cute. I hope you get a pretty girl to match him.

me too me too me too!!!
LOL if not I have the black dragon that I won to use
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:31 AM   #3352 
ravenwinds

That boy is gorgeous!
Greatbettas was importing to transhipper Jennifer Viveros in Georgia....got some really nice fish through her auctions of greatbettas fish! They are usually very happy, frisky fish so you should be happy w/purchase...besides, you get colorful imports shipped to you that cost less than importing them yourselves...probably save between 10-25$ depending on auction price and whether you go express or priority....me, I always go Express since I already put time and money on fish...and emotional value as well: I already consider them mine and don't want to jeopardize them before I even see them!
Also, I feel sorry for the poor things because by the time they get to transhipper, they have already spent almost a week in about 1/4cup of water...I figure anything I can do to make their last leg as quick as can be is the humane thing to do!
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #3353 
Butterfly

lol you guys know so much xD I've got a lop sided messy/deformed-finned anchovy <3 who doesn't flare. -_- and cost $14 (but I used a coupon so he was only $9)
seee <3 he's super sweet and i hate to say but I really wish I had joined this forum prior to buying him. Then CHARDS GORGEOUS FISH WOULD BE MINEEEE >:D

I think it would be cool to have an imbellis like setsunas. gorgeous fishy :3
hah looking back I can't believe at one point i wanted a rosetail. Sorry hm you're too difficult >.< fins are so heavy.

I am still DROOLING over that/a fire dragon. Soon, soon. I think my crown tail want is over. They're pretty, but I would freak out if I had to scoop him out/transport/etc.
Browsing through international bettas....idk don't really care for much of them. xD I think there's just something about buying in the us...more direct, etc.
Apparently some pet store around here is selling dumbos for $30 and 'kings' for $75.
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1357225232 this one is really cool looking...but I don't like that tail...or the anal fin. I don't know about betta conformation, just what I like xD Nice even arcs and straight lines. Which is the total opposite of fred.
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1357224821 also this one is kinda cool. I LOVE purples/lavenders. sooo pretty. But the anal fin looks too big/not clean cut enough? idk.

There's always something xD
Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #3354 
aemaki09

neither of those links worked lol
Looking foreward to seeing which fish you end up picking out!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #3355 
Butterfly

Oops don't know how that happened...

Lol most likely one of his dragons if they're still available. Hmpk.
Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:04 PM   #3356 
PiscinePeacocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signature Farms View Post
I'd love to see that article if you can find it! I've searched google but get a lot of hits for anything but.
http://www.bettaterritory.nl/BT-AABRosetails.htm

This is one of the articles I have read that was helpful - cant seem to relocate the other I was thinking of. They don't make much mention of X-factor, but you can see what it is by taking a gander at the two extreme rosetail female photo. That is major x-factor scaling. A couple of the other pics show the uneven scaling as well that makes the fish x-factor.

I think that there is nothing wrong with a rosetail/feathertail for a pet, some are quite striking, but you have to be really careful and selective in introducing them into your lines so you get a balanced, non x-factor spawn as Chard mentioned previous. Not sure if you went further with the line if the problem becomes more pronounced but it sounds like there is a good possibility.
PiscinePeacocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #3357 
aemaki09

Thanks for all the info piscinepeacocks. Very helpful!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #3358 
PiscinePeacocks

You're welcome! Glad it was helpful!
PiscinePeacocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #3359 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiscinePeacocks View Post
You're welcome! Glad it was helpful!
It was very helpful! It's hard to find info like that
Old 01-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #3360 
Chard56

aemaki, I found some good (or bad in this case) x-factor pics. This is one of the things to look for when buying new Bettas. This is the spawn I was talking about that I can't sell and won't give away. The Belly sliders were fed to the Oscars but ones like these I'll just keep for pets. So pretty and such a shame I have to discontinue the whole line.
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this