Originally Posted by Tammy Betancourt
The sucker fish is a type that gets only 5 inches (a bristlenose something is really close to) - i cannot remember the name of it but it wasn't anything exotic.
That's what we're afraid of! I've seen wayyyy more Chinese algae eaters for sale than bristlenose plecos. A 10g is pretty small for a bristlenose, but as long as you have good filtration and keep up with the water changes, you should be ok. As okiemavis pointed out, a Chinese algae eater (which are very common and very inexpensive) start out as small, cute little algae eaters but usually turn into jerks later in life. They also have a habit of quickly learning that fish food tastes way better than algae, so they actually make poor algae eaters. So, let's hope you've got a bristlenose instead of the Chinese algae eater!
I strongly recommend you get yourself a liquid test kit like API's Freshwater Master Test Kit. It will allow you to stay on top of all of the most important water parameters: pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Since you just set up the tank 5 days ago and added all of those fish, you're likely dealing with high ammonia. Without a test kit and knowing your water parameters, there's really no way to be sure. I'd get one of those kits as soon as you can. Keep in mind that the API kit goes for about $30 in most stores, but online pet supply stores (like Drs. Foster and Smith) sell it for about half that. It's really an invaluable tool that will help you keep your fish alive during the aquarium cycle and keep their environment healthy.
In the meantime, even without knowing your water parameters I recommend you do a water change of 25-50%. Once you get the test kit you'll be able to know just when your ammonia or nitrite spike and thus when to do water changes to keep your fish from dying of ammonia poisoning.