Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #1 
sandrac8388

Tank Kit suggestions?

Hi guys!

I'm in need of buying new tanks. As much as I would like to buy 10 gallons I don't have the space for them anymore. I have 3 10 gallons and have to buy one more for my new king betta! I was hoping to get between 2-6 gallons. I have three betta fish coming out of QT. I went looking around and found some fluval tanks 5 gallon with 7500k led lights for plants. I will be placing live plants in the tanks so a kit that comes with good light would be awesome. Just want some feedback on what smaller gallon tanks everyone has. I could always replace the lighting if it isn't right. I'm super excited for these guys to go into their permenant homes!

Thanks for your help!!!
sandrac8388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #2 
ilovebettafishandsuzys

I know that you said that you wanted a three to ten gallon tank but if you are willing to separate one or two of your bettas then I would suggest a marina 2.6 gallon goldfish starter kit. It comes with a filter some gravel, food, water primer, and water conditioner. The food it comes with is goldfish food so I would not feed my bettas that but that is up to you. This tank costs around 20.00 to 30.00 dollars depending on where you buy it. If you have your heart set on a ten gallon tank I would suggest a tetra 10 gallon aquarium starter kit with a tetra whisper filter. The good thing about this tank is that you can’t hear the filter. The bad thing is that that’s the only thing it comes with. You can get this tank for 35.00 at pet smart. I hope that this helped you
ilovebettafishandsuzys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #3 
DiiQue

I would move the king into the 10gallon and one of the three coming out of QT into the new smaller tank (assuming they are normal sized bettas).

Here's a good 5.5g kit which is around 30bucks.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...:referralID=NA
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #4 
ilovebettafishandsuzys

yes this 5.5g tank looks very good i dont see how i missed this tank thank you for pointing this tank out DiiQue. i all so agree that it is a good idea that you move king betta in to a 10 gallon tank. once agin thank you
ilovebettafishandsuzys is offline   Reply With Quote