Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #31 
Lissa3116

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I have flakes but I'm afraid to use them for fear of swimbladder problems.
That's why I got rid of my flakes. I was scared of that issue as well
Lissa3116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #32 
Myates

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
What do you think of atisons betta pellets? (not pro)
Most of mine really love them.. they are one of my top 3 brands for pellets that are found in stores. They may not look as healthy compared to some of NLS, but they are still quite good and it's a good staple diet to feed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I have flakes but I'm afraid to use them for fear of swimbladder problems.
DQ! I never knew this.. :( Flakes are like Freeze Dried when it comes to the myth - the betta's digestive system doesn't work that way, where they become bloated due to food expanding.. the enzymes don't cause it (I really don't know the medical terms.. but you get the idea heh).. bloating is caused by too much food, and even then it depends on quality of the food. In fact, some flakes are really healthy - the Omega One betta buffet flakes are just as good as the pellets - a lil bit fattier, but still a good flake food.
I wouldn't worry about them bloating up.. but it's what you are more comfortable with, and you take excellent care of them :)
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:36 PM   #33 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
Most of mine really love them.. they are one of my top 3 brands for pellets that are found in stores. They may not look as healthy compared to some of NLS, but they are still quite good and it's a good staple diet to feed.
Do you think it is on par with NLS? Do you think a betta fed Atison's as a staple will live as long and stay as healthy as a betta fed NLS as a staple? (I might make a thread about this but idk I've been pretty "thready" lately...
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #34 
Myates

lol thready...

Yes, I believe it's on par with NLS to be honest.. can always feed both if you wish :) but a betta eating Atison's along with a good water change schedule will live a long, healthy life just as a fish who is eating NLS and is also getting good water changes.

Trust me, if I had issues with Atison's not being up to snuff, I wouldn't be using it to fill in on the bettas I spend a lot of money on :)
Old 01-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #35 
finnfinnfriend

But wait...Atison's betta food is discontinued?

Also, are there any other pellets that are equally as good? Or are those two the best?

Last edited by finnfinnfriend; 01-03-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #36 
dramaqueen
Banned

I forget what brand of flakes I have. Tetra betta crisps or something like that.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #37 
Myates

I have gotten some from the IBC store not too long ago.. for some reason not able to get onto the store site right now, but I know they were selling some not too long ago. Could of possibly been the last of their stock.

The Tetra BettaMin Crisps.. high on fat, good fiber, good protein, so-so on ingredients.. lots of filler. They aren't horribly bad.. you could give them a couple times a week if you wish, if they will eat it, without any health problems, if you wanted.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #38 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
I have gotten some from the IBC store not too long ago.. for some reason not able to get onto the store site right now, but I know they were selling some not too long ago. Could of possibly been the last of their stock.

The Tetra BettaMin Crisps.. high on fat, good fiber, good protein, so-so on ingredients.. lots of filler. They aren't horribly bad.. you could give them a couple times a week if you wish, if they will eat it, without any health problems, if you wanted.
They have Atison's at websites such as thatpetplace and Big Al's and such...
Old 01-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #39 
finnfinnfriend

If anyone is interested, this food looks really good too...(ignore the water conditioner lol)
http://www.petco.com/product/105345/...-Care-Kit.aspx
Old 01-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #40 
callistra

I feed NLS Betta exclusively.. I used to feed Atison's Pro exclusively.. I really miss it..

Anyway I find 5-8 NLS a day seems to work. Most of my boys seem to do best at 6. I would not feed less than 5 day on this as they are about half the size of my Omega One Pellets.. if not smaller.

ETA: Atison's Pro and Atison's isn't anywhere near the same thing. Even the normal line changed when the company was bought. IBC Betta has sold the last of their stock. Also it was stopped being made years ago.. I'm not sure I'd even feed it now if I had it because it would have been produced so long ago.

Last edited by callistra; 01-03-2013 at 11:19 PM.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote