Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #16121 
Sena Hansler

People do not know how much it irks me to be awakened on a day I do not need to be up early -.- I am a light sleeper. Sleep is precious. Instead, our side of the fourplex was shaking from the freaking bass of the neighbor's music. Again. And in my "sleep" I can HEAR IT. Early in the bloody morning. If I banged any harder on that wall it would have fallen down.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:05 AM   #16122 
ThePearlFish

My knee hurts from my dog smushing me in between her and my BF and taking up most of the bed space. What mama's do for their babies... yeesh..
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #16123 
Sparrowhawk

Being a female, hurts soooo much sometimes. Owwie.

Real rant: The amount of organisational skills it takes to live in a tiny two-bedroom apartment when you live with hoarders. I also have a lot of stuff, not just my grandmother, and my partner doesn't particularly like getting rid of things either. Between three people, well, a small flat isn't enough space, haha! And if you looked at our room you'd think it was meant to be the size like a prison cell, but it used to be a nice size until all the extra storage space was required. I've spent the last few days killing my spine and completely reorganising the bookcase so that Falkor's new tank will have its weight adequately supported... And now we've realised that we have to also reorganise the bottom section of it to support the shelf. *repeated headdesk*

Sometimes I wish our fish had similar cognitive functions as us, so that Falkor would understand the sacrifice I've made in giving up most of my craft supplies so his new home had enough room, haha!
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #16124 
MadameDesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut285 View Post
To be totally honest, it's not really fair to ask "ALL MEN" to be understanding of women when women themselves also do not understand men. Men and Women speak different "languages". There is a really good book entitled: "Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars", which teaches the communication types in men and women.

Women take very small cues in the verbal language of their respective men. However men don't even speak like that, so the effort is always misconstrued as something else.

For example the following conversation:

Woman: What do you want to do tonight?
Man: we can do whatever

The woman immediately thinks stuff along the lines of: "Why is he not making a suggestion? I always make the suggestions. Maybe he doesn't even care enough about me to make a suggestion. How come he doesn't know what activities I like?"

The man actually means: "I just want her to be the happiest doing an activity she desires the most so I will let her pick"

Woman then gets upset at man, then man has no idea what he said wrong, then woman accuses him of being inattentive, guy is still confused, woman snowballs into rage.

It is neither fair for the guy nor the girl to be confused or angry respectively
I know this quote is from further back in the thread, but I just ha to say this: that book and the kind of ideology it represents has done more to harm gender relations than hurt. Men and women aren't actually all the different. Social pressures may teach us to think and act different ways, but when all that's stripped away, we're really not all that different.

And to deal with the topic of hating men ... I think that's a natural response for some women who have had to deal with crap from their partners. I'm not saying it's fair to think that, but there's nothing really wrong with feeling that way because you really can't help it.
My last relationship was very hurtful to me and it's left me angry and bitter. I think my feelings are valid.
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #16125 
ThePearlFish

I have learned that in everything my BF and I are alike in, we are the opposite in. Perfect recipe for drama in our household. ^_^

My rant- My Dr. thinks I need an internal exam.. Which means a possible Colonoscopy.. It sounds so scary! (the procedure, not the needing an internal exam part..>.>)
Old 01-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #16126 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut285 View Post
To be totally honest, it's not really fair to ask "ALL MEN" to be understanding of women when women themselves also do not understand men. Men and Women speak different "languages". There is a really good book entitled: "Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars", which teaches the communication types in men and women.

Women take very small cues in the verbal language of their respective men. However men don't even speak like that, so the effort is always misconstrued as something else.

For example the following conversation:

Woman: What do you want to do tonight?
Man: we can do whatever

The woman immediately thinks stuff along the lines of: "Why is he not making a suggestion? I always make the suggestions. Maybe he doesn't even care enough about me to make a suggestion. How come he doesn't know what activities I like?"

The man actually means: "I just want her to be the happiest doing an activity she desires the most so I will let her pick"

Woman then gets upset at man, then man has no idea what he said wrong, then woman accuses him of being inattentive, guy is still confused, woman snowballs into rage.

It is neither fair for the guy nor the girl to be confused or angry respectively
I also don't bring up older post but it ties in with my actual rant and it's "old" by all of 5 days. I think the necrobump police will just let me off with a warning.

Books like that drive me insane. Not only do they treat men and women like cookie cut outs but they ignore the existance of transgender men and women. Also, I am a blunt and literal person. When I ask, "Where do you want to eat" and the guy says, "where ever you want to eat," I pick a place to eat because I simply want dinner. I'm not testing how much he loves me by giving me my way or how much he wants to control me by making me eat somewhere. I just want food at a location that is mutually satisfying to all the poeple who will be eating a meal with me.

Also...I'm not asking every man on the planet to understand all the women on the planet. I'm asking 1 man to understand that he needs to throw books like "Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars" into a bon fire because it will not help him understand me or any woman who isn't an insecure mind game made flesh.

I think it is very fair for me to be upset if a guy who won't get to know and understand me as an individual because he "can't understand women". I don't need a man who understands women. I need a man who understand me as a unique individual who just happens to be a woman.

My Independant Rant - Online Dating

I feel like I'm wasting my time on dating websites because it is so assumption based. I do not look like a 27 year old organic chemist with a BA and MA in Chemistry who is learning Japanese language and enjoys playing video games. The responses I get on sites leads me to one conclusion, most men think I'm lying. Since I don't look the part of a scientist, men don't want to deal with my "lies" even when I message them first.

Grant it...some of them may be afraid of being tricked into a relationship with someone who may not be 18 or up. But what 16-17 year old pretends to be a 27 year old chemist? Is it a current fade I'm missing? I'm still waiting for my appearance to be a blessing. Because looking 10 years younger naturally at the age of 27 makes something as simple as flirting and dating impossible. And when I can get past the first date, it usually crashes and burns (especially if I realize the guy was interested because he thought I was 10 years younger).

If eHarmony doesn't work out I'm just going to give up and prepare to live my life as a crazy fish lady in an aquarium house.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #16127 
ThePearlFish

Aww.. Snowy, I sometimes get asked what grade I am in as well.. yeesh..

When I wear makeup though I tend to look more like the 25 that I should look..I THINK at least. o.O

This will be a blessing after we hit 30+ years I'm sure. :P
Old 01-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #16128 
bahamut285

I'm pretty sure the point of my post was to take it with a grain of salt. You don't need a book (nor myself) to tell you that people are not cookie cutter. I was mainly just trying to say you can't just blame another person for sparking conflict when it can just be a misunderstanding between two harmless actions. However from many observations of many couples I know, in the end, it is usually over the same thing. The girl always misinterprets what a guy is trying to say because he says something without thinking and it always sparks problems. (Ironically like my post, lolololol)

On the other hand, I actually know a few couples who are the OPPOSITE. The guy is always freaking out about what his girlfriend says when she has a totally harmless meaning, and he's digging for some hidden meaning. Then of course there are the people who function normally as people (i.e. my ex and myself) mainly because he was a tad more feminine than most guys I know. My new boyfriend is the total opposite; very masculine and very straightforward. He doesn't take hints very well so I generally have to be upfront with him, which I don't mind doing :P

As for a previous relationship making one bitter...the same thing happened to me. My ex-bf said that we were going to try long distance, but in the end, he dumped me out of random before our anniversary and just left me to hang out in the open. I was bitter for a long time. However the key thing to take away from life is to "Learn from your past; don't live in it." I'm sure you are a wonderful person MadameDesu, don't let that past relationship of yours get in the way of showing a new person just how beautiful your soul is.

Last edited by bahamut285; 01-04-2013 at 01:16 PM.
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #16129 
pittipuppylove

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
My rant- My Dr. thinks I need an internal exam.. Which means a possible Colonoscopy.. It sounds so scary! (the procedure, not the needing an internal exam part..>.>)
I had to have one of those a couple years ago (at the ripe old age of 18 -.-) and it really wasn't too bad. Yeah, the prep sucked, but the actual procedure was pretty easy. lol The morning of the procedure, they had me all gowned up and ready to wheel me into the room when the doctor came by and asked me how I was doing that morning. Had to bite my tounge and refrain from reminding him where we were.
Posted via Mobile Device
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #16130 
FishyFishy89

I'm suddenly rethinking my 75 gals stocking list

WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN???

I love those pudgy goldies to give em up tho xD
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote