Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #55311 
Laki

Heard some weird noises while I was cooking and saw someone at the door through the blinds. Turned off the stove, turned off my music and went to the door. Some dude is bent over. Thought it was a prank. Then I seen tools. Was confused. Opened the door. It was the landlord's father. Apparantly we have a sump pump under the planks by our front door that needed a new light to prevent winter freezing. Wow. I was kind of afraid for a second. Now it feels like I didn't eat at all.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #55312 
FishyFishy89

OMG!!!
Its so rainy, windy and cold!!!! Gotta run down to the barn, towel off my seniors/flip their waterproof sheets on!!!
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:12 PM   #55313 
FishyFishy89

Okay....old horseys all dry/wrapped up. They ran all giddy and happy back into their pastures.

Question: the HOB filter I have for my 75 gal was made/purchased back in 2004, should I replace it? Or keep as is? It works n all. I'm thinkn I should just keep it.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #55314 
Laki

Horses got their blankets? Do they mind blankets? I wonder because 100 years ago, how did horses survive winter?
Old 01-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #55315 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Horses got their blankets? Do they mind blankets? I wonder because 100 years ago, how did horses survive winter?
The older horses may have had a harder time. As animals get older their immune system wans down. The purpose of blankets actually helps the horse keep the blood their heart is pumping warm so that they can work less to keep their vital organs warm and use only minor energy to keep their legs, neck and head warm.
Mine actually love their blankets and attempt to "help" me put them on. Which they in turn accidentally step on their blankets and rip a hole :P
Old 01-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #55316 
djembekah

boop. cleaning then off to ship things!
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:39 PM   #55317 
Laki

That's good to know. I love horses. All the history I read involves horses so I wondered. How long can you leave a blanket on a horse?

Did I give out my recipe for stuffed burgers? Oh man. We have been eating way too much of them (totally homemade, and mine are vegetarian. Better than ANY restaraunt)
Old 01-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #55318 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Parents left this morning and Mocha is already restless.. Click click click go her nails on the hardwood floors, it's driving me nuts. She also keeps acting like she wants out but won't actually go outside. grr
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #55319 
MaisyDawgThirteen

I went to the LPS. I did make sure not to bring ANY money whatsoever so that I wouldn't buy anything... The lionhead goldfish and the borneo loach were tempting. Along with every hamster. And every guinea pig. Basically everything in there. XD DAT BORNEO LOACH.

Has anyone seen the movie A Seperation? It's a subtitle movie, in Persian. It looks really good, won the best foreign language film at the Oscars last year. I rented it and plan on watching tonight. :)

Maisy (mah dog) is mad as all heck because I forgot to let her in before I went to the LPS. -________- Two denta sticks and some chicken broth on her dog food made everything better.

I really want more fish but I just don't have the time for it. I am happy with the rasboras, platy, guppy, betta and snails though. My 10 gallon seems so peaceful with only 7 fish. As of boxing day I have been keeping fish for a year... I can't believe it's been a year since I first walked into that store and bought Hermes...

Last edited by MaisyDawgThirteen; 01-04-2013 at 04:52 PM.
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #55320 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
That's good to know. I love horses. All the history I read involves horses so I wondered. How long can you leave a blanket on a horse?
As long as necessary. When I was camping up north, the horses were blanketed all day long. But my horses were born/raised down south. Those horses that are born/raised up north don't need blanketing that much.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese