Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #31 
Chevko

@Tikibirds (or anyone else) I adore those fuzzies! How does the moss latch onto their shells and stay? That looks so totally awesome!
Chevko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #32 
Bluewind

Pic Spam!

My Babies

Magic (the largest. Trying to fugure out if she is a Blue or not), Angel (Ivory), and Sandy (black) enjoying breakfast

Magic hanging out on my Coke glass

Gus: What cha doin?
Magic: *grabs algea wafer* MINE!
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #33 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Snails shells are hard enough. A solid surface can grow Algae. If the stay near enough light.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #34 
LadyVictorian

Choc, I am curious about your assassin snails. I am so hooked on the idea of getting them, might have an assassin snail only tank. Do they only eat other snails or can they eat alge wafers and plants like other snails as well? I'm thinking if I had a tank for the assassins i might get common pound snails to breed and be food for them if they need snails.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #35 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Assassins eat Flakes and snails. A few Babies can take down an adult Apple snails. They will also eat Shrimp. They dont eat plants. Mine get the Occosional Pond snail. I am trying to breed more Pond Snails. In Refuigums.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #36 
Chevko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Snails shells are hard enough. A solid surface can grow Algae. If the stay near enough light.
Ahh, okay. I knew that it can grow on turtle shells and snails' shells but captive-wise I didn't know it could happen :o

Also, those images aren't loading... Could just me by system being odd.
Chevko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #37 
Silverfang

That is a blue apple. I love them.

As for the pictures. The nerite in the second one is likely after noms. I saw algae on the shell of the apple. They will rasp food anywhere. I keep finding mine trying to crawl into my filter.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #38 
Bluewind

Thank you! I have been trying to get someone to tell me for a month!

She is a funny girl with a lot of personality. Wanna know how she got her name? Because she has this uncanny ability to disapear! When she was little, she could hid in the most elaborate ways and I would think she had gotten out of the tank! You see that little castle over to the left? One day, I couldn't find her anywhere. When I gave up and went to cleaning the substrate PLOP! she fell out of the castle! I couldn't figure out how she got in there until later when I watched her pick it up with her foot and crawl underneath
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #39 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewind View Post
Thank you! I have been trying to get someone to tell me for a month!

She is a funny girl with a lot of personality. Wanna know how she got her name? Because she has this uncanny ability to disapear! When she was little, she could hid in the most elaborate ways and I would think she had gotten out of the tank! You see that little castle over to the left? One day, I couldn't find her anywhere. When I gave up and went to cleaning the substrate PLOP! she fell out of the castle! I couldn't figure out how she got in there until later when I watched her pick it up with her foot and crawl underneath
Posted via Mobile Device

Wow!! must be strong!!!

Does anyone know how big ramshorns get?? My biggest are no bigger than a nickel. If these guys dont get much bigger than what they are I think I'm going to go purchase a mystery or apple snail soon.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #40 
MaisyDawgThirteen

I am an addict.

I have a black mystery snail in my 10 gallon community. He always climbs to the top of the wisteria at the top of the tank and then lets go. Para-snailing! haha (kudos to whoever came up with that term, i forget who) She is named Shelly-Anne Frasier Pryce (sprinter) even though I don't know her gender. haha I bought her from Petsmart in October 2012.

Next, I have my beloved nerite. He is a tracked nerite. Named Usain Bolt (sprinter). This snail is my pride and joy. haha He lives alone with my male VT in a 10 gallon mini bow. I have had him since February of 2012. He is from my LFS.

I also have 10 million pond snails in the 10 gallon community that are all named Steve. haha They lurv the wisteria. (:

I like snails.
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote