Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #21 
Xaltd1

I'll bet you're sorry you asked for advice ! Lots of ideas/opinions here! I'm inclined to suggest a betta sorority tank. The girls are JUST as pretty as the boys in my not-so humble opinion! The small betta size and low bio-load makes the 10-gallon perfect for 6-7 girls. Get that little betta bowl you mentioned from your friend to use as a hospital tank.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #22 
AyalaCookiejar

I am actually setting up a sorority soon, myself, in my ten gallon tank I got from my brother. Sororities can be a pain, though, and my guess is you don't have enough decor for one.
Sororities just sound too much fun for me to NOT get one, but then again, I have a TON of space and quite a bit of a budget as I have a job and no bills to pay :p
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #23 
Artist with a betta

When I get out of this prison called a school and then out of collage I plan to get a big 30 gallon and do a sorority with a bunch of betta girls of all different tail types. And it shall be the center piece of my multi-billion dollar mansion. Wishful thinking right :) ?
Artist with a betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #24 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

School is not a prison. Innocent go to school and are broken.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #25 
Xaltd1

All the decor you need for a sorority is lots of plants and a substrate. Costs less than those plastic decorations! Plus, you can add rocks, which are free! (Last time I checked.)
Artist, I would give anything to be back in school. All I wanted to do in school was to get out. I partyed my brains out and barely graduated HS, and dropped out of college. Guess what- I can't get a job. Find a line of study that will make you $$$$ when you graduate, and you'll be in good shape. Then you can buy me a 55-gallon for my stellar advice.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:15 PM   #26 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

My school is terrible. Robinson is the worst in the country.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #27 
Artist with a betta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaltd1 View Post
All the decor you need for a sorority is lots of plants and a substrate. Costs less than those plastic decorations! Plus, you can add rocks, which are free! (Last time I checked.)
Artist, I would give anything to be back in school. All I wanted to do in school was to get out. I partyed my brains out and barely graduated HS, and dropped out of college. Guess what- I can't get a job. Find a line of study that will make you $$$$ when you graduate, and you'll be in good shape. Then you can buy me a 55-gallon for my stellar advice.
It's only prison because it's finals week. I feel like I haven't sleep in weeks. I plan to major in art education (k-12) which is my idea of a dream job, get to talk and paint all day and get paid. The weekly game of blackjack with some of my dorm mates is about all the partying I do. I'm looking forward for next semester to begin more than I am to get out.
Artist with a betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #28 
Xaltd1

LOL, both of my parents were artists. My Mom taught dance at a Private school (and was head of the art dept.) for over 40 years. My Dad was a painter who founded Montserrat College of Art; he taught painting there until he retired to paint full time. He passed away 3 years ago, but the college is alive & growing. (Beverly, MA)
Old 01-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #29 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I reccomend 5 females per 10 gallons. Plenty of hiding spots. I hope to get a major in Aquaculture. A minor in Ickthioliogy.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #30 
AyalaCookiejar

I want to do something with animals of pretty much any type... The more types, the better. I've thought about working for a zoo or for something like the ASPCA so that I could do something for abused animals but I'm not sure if I could handle that... The law part of it interests me the most because those officers get to bust, fine and jail people who abuse animals, and then a lot of the animals have a happy ending. I feel like this topic had taken a turn, haha.

I eventually do want to upgrade to a larger sorority but I won't right now because when I go to college I have no idea what I will do with my already 4 tanks (although one right now is just a back up). I've told my parents already that I refuse to go to a college that will not allow fish. I know that college students don't have as much time but most of them seem to find time for extracurricular activities and I'm not in sports or school activities. My animals are literally my happy place, my #1 hobby and my favorite thing to do in my free time and I find it hard to believe that I won't be able to find enough time once a week for water changes.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote