Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #21 
Sena Hansler

And damages the labyrinth organ as well. It is recommended... But not for fish with the labyrinth organ, or fish without scales i.e shrimp, cories, etc.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:18 AM   #22 
LittleBlueFishlets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewind View Post
Oh and include a section on wild bettas as they have a different look and social interactions.

I would love a nice section explaining tail types and patterns with pictures. Everyone just explains it or just provides one example. I think 2 or 3 pics would really be helpful when novices are trying to identify their betta or a disease it has.
Posted via Mobile Device
Plus, male and female photos.
LittleBlueFishlets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:41 AM   #23 
Sena Hansler

Definitely!! I'll also do YOUNG FISH pictures for those baby betta people.... To tell genders and whatnot.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #24 
Juditko

Do I have to have a heater? I'm a newbie and have only been here a couple of weeks so I'm still reading all the newbie posts...but I see that question over and over and over. And apparently from what I can tell so far heater plus water changes equals a lot less headaches and less expenses in medicines, etc. Maybe also a guideline on how to choose a healthier fish from a big box store (not to encourage buying there but to acknowledge the reality of how many newbies wind up with bettas.). Maybe if customers knew how to recognize a healthy fish and appropriate tanks, that would A) pressure stores to take better care of their bettas and B) impress on stores to gravitate more toward inventory healthier for bettas instead of the proverbial tiny decorative bowl or vase with ivy in it.
Juditko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #25 
Bluewind

Yes! And maybe a top 5 best and top 5 worst heaters, filters, and foods? Those questions get asked a LOT! And I completly understand it too. We tell them to buy pellets, but then they go to the store and there's like 40 different ones and their brain explodes! Heck, when I first started, it confused me too!

Oh! And something that I think should be added to the compatability section. Cross compatability. I can't tell you how many people see 2 different fish/inverts that are compatable with a betta and just throw them in the tank without realizing that the 2 aren't compatable with each other! Like a snail with loaches. Or tetra that are in too small a group/tank are turn to finnipping their Betta! I see posts about it all the time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Bluewind; 01-04-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #26 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

How to care for Baby Bettas.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #27 
Bluewind

I got to thinking. On top of a setion on compatability with reasons why after common 10 gallon bad tankmates (Goldfish, Neons, Gourmi...), you might want to have an Oops! section for new fishkeepers who didn't think to google Betta Compatability until they already had stuff in the tank and are frantically searching for what to do about it. It could have an outline on how to temporarially fix a problem until a preminant one can be found (like diy quickie tank dividers or acceptable temporary homes).

In fact... I would LOVE a DIY section! Floating Betta caves (someone made one of those on here and it is too cute!), Gravel Vacumes, Tank Dividers, Rock Caves, and so much more! It would be so handy to have it all in one place instread of scattered EVERYWHERE
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Bluewind; 01-06-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #28 
Sena Hansler

Good ideas!! :)
Old 01-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #29 
Bluewind

Got to admit, I am kind of excited about this project! I can't wait to see it all up and running. You are gonna help so many people!
Posted via Mobile Device