Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-05-2013, 01:10 AM   #7991 
jinxhex

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadialover View Post
Oh definitely. I forgot about the dollar a gallon sale. YOu can't go wrong with that for sure . Yup, cool plant. i'll have to see if my local has one... :)
Yeah, hopefully my mom thinks the dollar a gallon sale is just as much of a steal as me... I've already told her when I get a job my first paycheck goes to her.
jinxhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:12 AM   #7992 
acadialover

ya, I'm sure she believes that ! Yuk yuk...
acadialover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #7993 
RoMay

These are Kaoru and Jabi's TEMPORARY gallon tank/jar. Did get them a 5 gal. but it had issues and had to go back. ;_; They may not appear it but they are the same size. And you'd notice the shirt over one and the saran wrap but that's cause it's extra chilly and I have no heat. I know it is not as fancy as everyone else but I am happy with em; Despite all the cleanings.

Kaoru's tank, a little messy since her last cleaning but I find mixing things up keeps her amused. The moss ball had to go cause it was turning brown. It's perking up in the minnow tank.

Jabi's cracker jar.

Love the optical illusion. Anyone who owns this bridge knows it does not expand.

Also bettas may appear bigger then what they really are.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #7994 
ilovebettafishandsuzys

hi i just got my tank set up today(1-5-13) i am going to buy a light soon. i don't have a betta yet. i will get one soon. let me no what you think of my tank. thank you
Attached Images

ilovebettafishandsuzys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:14 PM   #7995 
FishyFishy89

I don't know why, but having it that high up always worries me.

Can you move the top shelf down a bit/put the tank there? Also, you should have a heater/thermometer in there.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:43 PM   #7996 
carbonxxkidd

This is my 29 gallon sorority tank, at least what it looks like today lol. It currently has 9 females, a baby betta, 3 otos, and a few MTS. I'm hoping to add a school of cories and maybe some kuhli loaches at some point down the road, but want to get the plants more established. The tank has been set up and planted since 12/22. :) I'm pretty excited about it, especially since my plants are actually growing!!!
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:48 PM   #7997 
ilovebettafishandsuzys

i have a heater under my gravel. you do have a point about the shelf
ilovebettafishandsuzys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:41 PM   #7998 
Aluyasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebettafishandsuzys View Post
hi i just got my tank set up today(1-5-13) i am going to buy a light soon. i don't have a betta yet. i will get one soon. let me no what you think of my tank. thank you
Just as a heads up for that kind of tank I have heard reveiws that the filter sucks up bettas easy. Not sure if it is true as I have never had that type of tank before but it is something to look out for I guess. :)

You said in a later post you have a heater under the gravel. What type of heater is it? I did not know they made kinds that could go under the gravel. :)
Aluyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:52 PM   #7999 
Sparrowhawk

@ilovebettafishandsuzys: What capacity is the tank? I'm no expert, but I worry about the stability of the shelf under the weight of the tank, at least over time. I have one of my tanks on a shelf that looks similar to that, and had to put a support underneath it as over time it would bow and/or break if I left it as it was. Just a thought!
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #8000 
NorthernLights

Odysseus's Shangri-La

Here's Odysseus' cottage in the country...
Attached Images

NorthernLights is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, mochi was here, tank