Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-04-2013, 04:50 AM   #1521 
dramaqueen
Banned

It's just that my mom won't go into the store now so I have to do all the major shopping myself. Our Kroger store is big and it's hard to find stuff sometimes. I go up and down the aisles looking for stuff and I get so frustrated. Then I needed to vaccuum out the car so it will be halfway clean when they come and pick it up. I wanted to use the little hand held Oreck vac and couldn't find it. I decided I'm not going to spend all darn night out in the cold garage looking for the thing. Then I had to haul the Dyson out there and that's a pain in the butt because it's big and bulky. I understand that my mom isn't able to do much but I get tired and frustrated with having to do stuff by myself. I get frustrated when I cook pork chops for an hour at 375 and she says they aren't done enough. I'm tired of mopping the floor and she points out a spot I missed and says I need to use some elbow grease and anything worth doing is worth doing right. I'm tired of getting yelled at when I try to remind her that she needs to use her cpap machine because the cardiologist said she needed to. I don't like the mask, she says. So I suggest going to another sleep clinic and maybe they can come up with another alternative for you. Then she goes ballistic and tells me to shut up. Then every morning and every night I have to get her medicine for her. She'd probably forget or think what the heck, I'm not taking all those pills if I wasn't herd to give them to her. She takes 8 pills in the morning and 5-6 at night depending on whether or not she takes a laxative and/or a pain pill. This is quite a rant, I know but I need to get it all out of my system..

Last edited by dramaqueen; 01-04-2013 at 04:53 AM.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:03 AM   #1522 
Shirleythebetta

Get it all out dear. That's what friends are for. Everyone needs to vent every now and then. I remember taking care of people her age. I think the main problem they have is they can't let go of their authority. They spend most of their life taking care of children and a husband/wife and they are in such a habit they can't let someone younger than them take control. Therfore they boss and tell you your wrong and whatever. My dad is a good example of this. He told me once that hogs won't eat onions... I know for a fact hogs will eat about anything you give them including onions. They take it as disrespect if someone younger than them trys to give them advice or tells them anything.
I personally will let anyone teach me something if I don't know it. My neice taught me how to put together my hand sanitizer key chain because I didn't know how. She was nine. wasn't ashamed I told her thank you and gave her praise.
So your mom won't go into the store in a wheelchair or electric cart?
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #1523 
dramaqueen
Banned

We don't have a wheelchair and I've been trying to get her to learn to use one of those motorized things at the store. She really needs to get a rollator, one of those things like a walker but has a seat on it.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #1524 
registereduser

I live with my Mom, too. She's 73 and in excellent shape. My problem is she is constantly straightening up my room and doing my laundry. Most wouldn't think that's a problem but it infuriates me. She's in my "space". you know?

I hope things get better for you when you get to Texas! maybe you can find a senior center where Mom can go during the day to have lunch and play bingo. Then you can have some alone time.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #1525 
dramaqueen
Banned

That would be nice! lol In fact, I think that's a great idea. My mom can't get to my room because it's upstairs and she can't climb steps. She can't see how many fish I have. lol
Old 01-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #1526 
dramaqueen
Banned

All this channel surfing she does drives me nuts!! Pick something and watch it!!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #1527 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
That would be nice! lol In fact, I think that's a great idea. My mom can't get to my room because it's upstairs and she can't climb steps. She can't see how many fish I have. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
All this channel surfing she does drives me nuts!! Pick something and watch it!!
we have that problem solved, she watches TV in her room and I have my own TV in my room
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:30 AM   #1528 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have a tv in my room but she likes me to be downstairs with her. She doesn't like me being on my kindle all the time. This forum and fb keep me busy. lol She'll say what are you working on now? Or she'll interrupt me wanting me to do something for her and I'm like wait a minute. I'm in the middle of banning someone. lol
Old 01-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #1529 
ZergyMonster

Nothing like bringing down that Ban Hammer!
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #1530 
dramaqueen
Banned

Lol The reason I got my Kindle was so I can be in the same room with her and on the forum, too.