Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-31-2012, 12:51 PM   #1 
Kitty Whiskers

Talking Hermies!!!!!!

I bought all the stuff I need to get Hermit Crabs! Yayy!!! I had Hermies years ago and now I miss them so I decided to get some again I bought a 20 Gallon long tank for them and I am getting it all set up for my new Hermit Crab pets.

I'll post pictures when I can if you are interested.

I Hermit Crabs!
Kitty Whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:00 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I love them. Remeber to keep the tank humid.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #3 
Chevko

Hermies are adorable! Don't forget to set up a container for them to submerge themselves in, fresh and salt water. *Recently went to a pet store that had a massive sponge in it*

Can't wait to see them :D What kind did you get? :3
Chevko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:33 PM   #4 
aemaki09

Yay! I've been wanting them for years, but now that I've been researching a little they seem to require more care than I can handle. Definitely take pics!!
How many are you going to have in there?
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #5 
Skyewillow

I used to have a big setup with 25 of them in a 75 gallon. Once you get the humidity, the fresh and salt "pools", and a good quality food (which you pretty much have to order online), they're really easy.

They have such awesome little personalities! Just remember, they're nocturnal, so they won't be out much during the day, early evening is the best time to watch them. Also, they can climb the sealant in the corners of a tank, and even airline tubing!

A trick for keeping humidity up, is to take the label off of a pop bottle, fill it with water, and pop an airstone in there. My crabs used to hang out under their little "sprinkler".
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #6 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

The worlds largest sprinkler was built to help a rare species.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #7 
Kitty Whiskers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevko View Post
Hermies are adorable! Don't forget to set up a container for them to submerge themselves in, fresh and salt water. *Recently went to a pet store that had a massive sponge in it*

Can't wait to see them :D What kind did you get? :3
Hmmm I think they are all Purple Claw Hermies, one of them I'm not too sure yet. I guess I need to look at pics of the different species to know for sure.

Yep they have a salt pool and a fresh water pool, all conditioned too.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #8 
Kitty Whiskers

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
Yay! I've been wanting them for years, but now that I've been researching a little they seem to require more care than I can handle. Definitely take pics!!
How many are you going to have in there?
Yeah I'll take lots of pics, but the only problem is that I somehow lost the program on my computer that takes the pictures off of my camera to put on the computer. So till I figure that out, which may be a while cause I know little about computer stuff LOL.

I bought 6 small Hermies for the 20 Gallon long tank.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #9 
Kitty Whiskers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
I used to have a big setup with 25 of them in a 75 gallon. Once you get the humidity, the fresh and salt "pools", and a good quality food (which you pretty much have to order online), they're really easy.

They have such awesome little personalities! Just remember, they're nocturnal, so they won't be out much during the day, early evening is the best time to watch them. Also, they can climb the sealant in the corners of a tank, and even airline tubing!

A trick for keeping humidity up, is to take the label off of a pop bottle, fill it with water, and pop an airstone in there. My crabs used to hang out under their little "sprinkler".
I was thinking if all my Bettas die in my 30 gallon tank I may move them into that later. But so far the fish are doing better YAY!!

Yep I seen mine start to get active around 4 then by 8 or 9 they are running around full force lol. I never knew they could climb the sealant in the corners! I better watch that when I take the cover off. If one ever escaped without me knowing it, my cat will be sure to let me know ha ha! My cat loves watching them like they are HER pets

Ahhh an awesome idea for humidity! So you use a pop bottle the size of the ones in pop machines? How do you keep them from tipping it over? I already have miles of airline tubing and those little airstones, I'd just need to get a little air pump.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #10 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Whats the miniumum tank for Hermits?