Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #11 
InfiniteGlory

*4 hours is not very long for the plants to produce food. And the natural light during the day, is it direct? Without direct or moderately direct sun the plants have no way of producing food. The salvinia I experimentally put in the kitchen window does not receive enough light - though it is natural- and I always find dead leaves.
-During the day the blinds are slightly turned up and there is a sheer curtain. so it is more indirect light i guess. I will open up the blinds and pull the curtain until I get a better tank light.

*The glass beads are holding down the rhizome?? Take it out. You can attach the roots (the stringy bits) to a piece of wood or something to hold it down. I bought a dollarstore weighted fish plant, removed all the leaves and tied my anubias to the weight base. The glass beads are otherwise fine- though I don't know for how long with the sword plants you have.
-OK. I will unbury it and see how I can keep it weighted down. I don't have any decorations in the tank except for the beads, plants and a floating betta log. New idea. I may try and use the base of the old fake plants that came with the tank.
InfiniteGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #12 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

It would not surprise me if anuibus can survive 4 hour lighting.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #13 
InfiniteGlory

would it be ok to let it float around for a few days until I find something to help hold it down?
InfiniteGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #14 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

You can root it as long as the Rhizomes not buried.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #15 
Laki

Yes, you can leave it "free" floating until you get a weight. It doesn't float anyway, the leaves are heavier than a java fern, for example, they will likely stay very close to the bottom. But you won't see any growth probably until the roots can clamp onto something.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote