Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #16151 
LittleBettaFish

He got taken to the vet yesterday. We left him overnight to get fluids and blood tests down. I think mum felt really bad when the vet said he had lost half his body weight from when they weighed him two years ago.

Apparently it looks as if he has hyperthyroidism. However, this can mask kidney disease (which would most likely mean he will have to be put down) so he has to stay on tablets for three weeks and then they will run some more tests.

We are just going down now to pick him up. Now we are just crossing our fingers he hasn't got kidney disease.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #16152 
ThePearlFish

Ugh, I can't believe I fell asleep for so long! All those hours I could've been doing something constructive.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #16153 
Sparrowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
He got taken to the vet yesterday. We left him overnight to get fluids and blood tests down. I think mum felt really bad when the vet said he had lost half his body weight from when they weighed him two years ago.

Apparently it looks as if he has hyperthyroidism. However, this can mask kidney disease (which would most likely mean he will have to be put down) so he has to stay on tablets for three weeks and then they will run some more tests.

We are just going down now to pick him up. Now we are just crossing our fingers he hasn't got kidney disease.
I hope your cat pulls through. I lost my beloved Nala to kidney failure a couple of years ago and it still hurts, so my thoughts are with you.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #16154 
Hopelessaddict101

I find it a tad annoying when people go out of their way to try and prove you wrong or made you feel like you're not as good about something so you feel dumb etc. >.<

Also my Betta food as gone missing. Sigh. My fault. I have little children in my household and I left the food on the drawer next to one of my tanks out in one of their rooms. Sigh. Now I have to go buy some more - and that won't be for a few days. I have bloodworms and some other stuff, but it's only for treats. I guess they will be eating those though. >_>
Hopelessaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:54 AM   #16155 
Shirleythebetta

Ended up in the hospital this morning for a double middle ear infection. Both ears, sigh. I am so sick of ear infections. I get two or three a year average since I was two and now that I am older they won't do a thing. So hear I am hearing like I am under water. On nasty liquid antibiotics and a steroid ear drop and stuck in bed for three to five days. My husband is watching me like a hawk since I tend to ignore doctors on the rest orders. I hate sitting still. I swear i am a hyper active two year old in a twenty six year olds body. I guess being in bed could be benificial. I get off college break on the eighth so I could use this time to catch up on my novels before I have to dive back in on the text books. My other rant is my sis in law who is seven months pregnant has a cold and won't go to the hospital. Her doc told her to take benadryl. It upsets me because getting sick while pregnant is the reason my older brother is almost completely blind in one eye and partially blind in the other. I just hope and pray she goes to the hospital soon.

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 01-06-2013 at 01:57 AM.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:38 AM   #16156 
Hopelessaddict101

@Shirley, naw, I hope you get better. I've never really had ear infections I've only had it ever twice - when I was little. In both ears. It sucks and it hurts. I cannot imagine having it now! >.<
Old 01-06-2013, 03:54 AM   #16157 
Hopelessaddict101

OKAY here's a rant. D:<

I absolutely hate those people who think they know everything and will not take the advice of anyone else. This person just will NOT listen to me when I say 5 CT male Betta should not be housed together, in an undivided tank, just because they have been together since birth and aren't aggressive. No matter what I tell them. Hmmmph. Disaster waiting to happen.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:15 AM   #16158 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelessaddict101 View Post
@Shirley, naw, I hope you get better. I've never really had ear infections I've only had it ever twice - when I was little. In both ears. It sucks and it hurts. I cannot imagine having it now! >.<
Thank you I appreciate it. It does suck. My ears arent hurting to bad now that I have those ear drops. I think the worst part is my hearing now and feeling a little off balance. If you have ever stuck your head under water and tried to listen that's what it sounds like. I think everything seems to hit adults harder. When I was a kid I would get up and run around sick. I had tick fever when I was six and they had to attach my iv to a mobile pole because I wouldn't stay in bed at the hospital. Now earaches take me down.

Rant-I caught my eleven year old neice chatting online again. My mother only banned her from chatting. I promise if I have children they will not be allowed to play online without adult supervision and they will be outside in the dirt like me. My six year old brother in law used to cry if he got dirty... I never wanted to be inside when I was a kid/teen. My mom never let me. I think she is getting scared that my niece won't want to come and see her since she is getting older and she is her only grandchild. Still not a reason to leave her unsupervised online. Kids need to know about technology but being a child is much more important.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:29 AM   #16159 
RoMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post

Rant-I caught my eleven year old neice chatting online again. My mother only banned her from chatting. I promise if I have children they will not be allowed to play online without adult supervision and they will be outside in the dirt like me. My six year old brother in law used to cry if he got dirty... I never wanted to be inside when I was a kid/teen. My mom never let me. I think she is getting scared that my niece won't want to come and see her since she is getting older and she is her only grandchild. Still not a reason to leave her unsupervised online. Kids need to know about technology but being a child is much more important.
My 14 year old neice at age 13 was finially recognized by her rich daddy who insisted she move in. Which I think is stupid because he spent the first part of her life threatoning to sue my sister should she even open her mouth it was his.

ANYWAY she now gets what ever she wants. This includes a facebook account and a new IPhone and what ever her little heart wants. I don't even know where to begin with her. Already showing to much cleavage, complaining she's getting fat when she's a size four, or bragging with her brother how her Ipad Mini is easier to sneak into class then his Ipad. Does her father scold either of them? Nope. Does her mother scold her? Not anymore she's scared of daddy. I've tried talking to my neice but her grammar and spelling are so horrible I can't understand what she is saying. Look how I write, it's hard to say there is worse then me. Fourteen and she still thinks school is spelled skool. We need to take away spell check/autocorrect and bring back spelling lessons. She's lucky auntie lives over 2000 miles away I swear.

-edit-

This is the same kid I used to lock in the closet well into kindergarten just by closing the door and saying it's locked. The closet did lock, but only from the inside not the outside.

Last edited by RoMay; 01-06-2013 at 04:35 AM.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:03 AM   #16160 
Sparrowhawk

Oh man all this talk about young kids being allowed to run wild online or behave way past their years... Makes me super-thankful for the upbringing I received from my wonderful mother. I was always supervised on the computer until she knew I wasn't doing anything dodgy, and even then I was only allowed on when there was an adult in the room. The only time I was allowed to chat was with the two of us sitting there, talking to random people about sci-fi. After reading stories about some kids these days, I'm made more grateful with every post that although my father didn't give a rat's bum and left when I was 6, my mum did everything in her power to bring me up right. Wow!

Rant: People who demand respect when displaying absolutely none drive me up the wall. Whatever happened to treat others the way you wish to be treated?!
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote