So long and short of it, we just went to petco and my mom has sympathy issues for the bettas
Anyway, I have 2 baby bettas that are both in very bad condition...I will get pictures up as soon as I find my good camera...
The first one
~ It is smaller than my pinky finger nail...smallest one I have ever seen. She was in very cold water and can barely swim. The only food in there were huge pellets about the size of her face..and there was no way she could eat them...so I don't even know the last time she ate. These are her problems:
* Ammonia poisoning I assume
* Looks like ich
* Looks like fungal or bacterial problem on her body/gills
The second one
~ It is a bit bigger, but not by much...same conditions: probably no food, very cold water, etc. These are his/her symptoms:
* Ammonia poisoning I assume
* Very crooked spine
* Can barely swim (usually does weird little wobble movements with her tail down...almost like an "L" shape)
So here's the catch...I don't have any room for them...well I don't have anything extra with a heater, so they will have to float in my sorority tank, which is where they are right now acclimating to the clean, warm water. Now they will have to stay in there until I can either release them into my sorority tank or find another home for them (whether with me or with someone else)...However, considering their sizes, I think they should be fine in the cups for a while. They will be warm, I am religious about cleaning the cups, and I feed them well...
They are in those petco cups right now as I said, and I don't really know what to do for them. I know at least the first one needs several medications, but how should I go about that? Which one do I attack first? And should I do the full doses or not because she is so so so tiny? I have ich medicine and Maracyn Plus for fungal and bacterial...I also have aquarium salt. I don't even know what to do for the second baby except for clean, warm water and a healthy diet.
Here is everything you should need to know about the conditions they are going to be kept in as soon as I finish acclimating them (let me know if there is anything else you need to know):
*Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate: all 0 (whenever they get cleaned, they will be refilled with my tank water from my sorority tank which is pristine with the water parameters I just mentioned).
*I have many kinds of food to feed them...I have microworms (live) and as soon as they can get their mouths around them, I have spirulina brine shrimp, brine shrimp, and bloodworms (all of these are frozen, not freeze dried)...
*they will get cleaned every single day religiously unless someone suggests I clean them more than that.
Please, ANY help you can offer me is appreciated! Anything at all! Even if you aren't quite sure, just any input at all...I do not want these precious little things to die!
Like I said, I am going to go get the camera right now and try to get pics of them..