Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #1 
tropics007

Free crowntail & veiltail bettas - pu or ship

Our family has decided to downsize our betta collection, so all bettas needs to be adopted by 01/11/2012.

We have set NO LIMIT as to how many bettas a member can take, but we ask you please do not be greedy.

No pictures as all fish are FREE.

(9) FREE Young Male Bettas ( both crowntail and veiltails)

These males range in size from 1.25" - 2"+, and should be ready to breed soon.
Body colors range from red - multi.

* PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST SPECIFIC TAIL TYPE OR COLORS. * All request to do so will be ignored.

(1) FREE 5 Year old Female Betta

She is a GREAT eater and despite her age, she is VERY active.
This betta was purchased around 5 years ago, and has been comfortably living in a 5 gallon lightly planted tank.
She CANNOT be placed in a soroity, as she does NOT get along with other female bettas.

(1) FREE 6 Year old Male Betta

He is a tail & fin bitter, so his fins are currently shredded.
They will grow back, but he will start to nip at his tail & fins again in a few weeks.
We have tried everything to try to get him to stop, but he refuses too.

LOCAL PICKUP in 28409 is available.

SHIPPING

USPS Priority Mail - starts at $8.00
USPS Express Mail - starts at $35.00
Fedex Ground/Home Delivery - starts at $15.00

Please pm or post with your zip code & how many bettas you wish to adopt.

If shipping is needed, all shipped cost MUST be paid via paypal PRIOR to the fish being shipped.

NO LIVE ARRIVAL GUARANTEE WITH ANY SHIPPING METHOD.
tropics007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #2 
tropics007

All still available!

I have had many members ask to receive certain tail types & colors.
The fish are FREE, so all betta fish will be sent randomly.

*ALL REQUEST TO PICK OUT CERTAIN FISH WILL NOT BE RESPONSED TOO.*

Old 01-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #3 
aemaki09

Isn't that going to make it kind of hard to rehome them?
Most of us can go out to the store and pick out any betta color and tail type we want for close to or less than shipping, so why would some of us want to recieve a random one?

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but I just don't understand why you can't let people pick them out.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #4 
tropics007

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
Isn't that going to make it kind of hard to rehome them?
Most of us can go out to the store and pick out any betta color and tail type we want for close to or less than shipping, so why would some of us want to recieve a random one?

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but I just don't understand why you can't let people pick them out.
I understand where you are coming from, but I am not charging anything for the fish.

If a buyer can pick them up, then they can get 11 fish for absolutely nothing.

If I was asking a rehoming fee, then sure I would be more than willing to take pictures of each fish and let the buyer's choose the fish they want.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:38 AM   #5 
aemaki09

But you are still charging them shipping.
I understand that you aren't making anything off of it, but they are still paying.
They are still paying more to take these fish off your hands than they would at the local pet store, so why would they pick your fish when they have no idea what they would be getting, when they can go to petsmart or something?

My exact thinking is; it seems like taking these fish would be a favor to you made by the people taking them since they are paying more for shipping than they would for a HM at petsmart, so why not give them the choice of which one they want??
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #6 
tropics007

Adding fish

I also have two beautiful young marble angelfish FREE to a good home.

The largest angelfish is around quarter size, and seems to have somewhat of a temper.

The other angelfish is around dime size and likes to explore the tank on his/her own.

Angelfish seem to be more sensitive when being shipped, so shipping is NOT available for these fish.

These are pictures taken about a week ago, so the fish have grown a little since then.

Local pickup only please.
Attached Images

Old 01-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #7 
Myates

I look for breeding stock, so without pictures I wouldn't get any of them - $35 is a lot of money for a lot of people here, so if they are wanting to get one and pay for shipping, at least would consider giving them a picture of one to choose from, otherwise some here would think this could be a scam if people are asking for pictures and getting nothing.

I don't want to risk giving $35 to someone through paypal and *pray* I get a fish.. that is shipping I could of spent on other fish that I know I would be getting - and I have gotten a lot of free breeders, including an import, just paid for shipping. So a free fish isn't anything if it's not something the owner likes once they get it - because they still paid good money.

You got pictures of angels, no reason not to of the bettas... but that's just my opinion. You may have your reasons for not taking pictures of them, but it still sounds.. fishy :P
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:27 AM   #8 
tropics007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
I look for breeding stock, so without pictures I wouldn't get any of them - $35 is a lot of money for a lot of people here, so if they are wanting to get one and pay for shipping, at least would consider giving them a picture of one to choose from, otherwise some here would think this could be a scam if people are asking for pictures and getting nothing.

I don't want to risk giving $35 to someone through paypal and *pray* I get a fish.. that is shipping I could of spent on other fish that I know I would be getting - and I have gotten a lot of free breeders, including an import, just paid for shipping. So a free fish isn't anything if it's not something the owner likes once they get it - because they still paid good money.

You got pictures of angels, no reason not to of the bettas... but that's just my opinion. You may have your reasons for not taking pictures of them, but it still sounds.. fishy :P
Thanks for your opinion.

I have given away HUNDREDS of fish in the 20+ years I have been in this hobby as I am not in it for the money.

I will be taking pictures of each betta if none of them are adopted by the
16th. If I have to get photos of each fish, all bettas will be listed on aquabid for sale later this week.

OR

If any member wishes to pick them up by wednesday (01/16/2012), I can also give you a nice sized amount of food for the fish too.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #9 
Myates

If I was closer I would definitely go check them out though!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #10 
tropics007

All bettas are SOLD!