Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #3371 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmonahan View Post
When you zoom in, they look like feathers...

Thanks!

No problem! He's got great fish and is a really nice guy to work with. Hopefully you find one you like :)
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:51 AM   #3372 
ravenwinds

Guys: I believe the guys handle is fishLOVER....not fishliver...Heehee...many handles are extremely funny...but fishliver...kinda reminds me of the google ads that accompany aquabid..."kill that duckweed and other pond weeds!"; "want to go flyfishing?"....you know just kinda off :)....my droid's spellchecker and word replacer is ALWAYS doing that!
Anyway...you're looking for failover! See what it changed to now?! fishlover!

I let one similar to that black red devil dragon slip through my grasp once...I still look once in awhile for any relations of his from the breeder...and I still dream and yearn for that boy! It's been 2mos now....:(
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:32 AM   #3373 
karlamae

This thread makes me want to buy more bettas. Unfortunately, my wallet says NO. :(
karlamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:47 AM   #3374 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenwinds View Post
Guys: I believe the guys handle is fishLOVER....not fishliver...Heehee...many handles are extremely funny...but fishliver...kinda reminds me of the google ads that accompany aquabid..."kill that duckweed and other pond weeds!"; "want to go flyfishing?"....you know just kinda off :)....my droid's spellchecker and word replacer is ALWAYS doing that!
Anyway...you're looking for failover! See what it changed to now?! fishlover!

I let one similar to that black red devil dragon slip through my grasp once...I still look once in awhile for any relations of his from the breeder...and I still dream and yearn for that boy! It's been 2mos now....:(

Haha you are correct! My phone auto corrected to fish liver by accident
Old 01-09-2013, 10:06 AM   #3375 
Chard56

[/quote]

Now --- this fish has the x-factor RIGHT??!! Why would somebody sell this on AB!! I mean the fish is a nice fish, but her scales look absolutely horrible!!!! - being sold by an american seller for $10. Who would pay that!!
[/quote]
Some unsuspecting inexperience person would buy her not knowing any different. Then if they bred her, they would have a bunch of horribly scaled Bettas they couldn't or if they figured it out; wouldn't sell. Another example of an X-factor Betta someone is trying to pawn off as special. Anyone remember the "Crocodile" White female some seller was trying to get like $100 for?
Chard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #3376 
Myates

People sometimes think that just because it "looks" different, that it's a good fish.. I would love to have one with a couple those colors and such, but it looks very messy.. scales, fins and the coloring on her fins are all off and don't match. If it was much smoother and looked right people would jump all over her.

Sure, toss her into a sorority, people may want her for a pet.. but that is about to the extent of it, imo. Sadness... could of been one heck of an interesting fish if she were a bit cleaner. :(
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #3377 
homegrown terror

i would love to have her in my sorority, but not enough to shell out $45 total to include shipping and what not, and definitely wouldn't breed her.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #3378 
LittleBettaFish

I always love how everyone in America is like $10 for a fish!! Like it is some exorbitant price. $10 here really only gets you some pretty average quality bettas. A male VT is usually around the $7-$10 mark.

I like the colouring on this male

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1358101804

Although I tend to like most of the fancy types by this breeder even if they aren't perfect form wise.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #3379 
madmonahan

That guy is gorgeous!

I like this one: wish I could get him. >_<

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  50.8 KB
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:41 AM   #3380 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I always love how everyone in America is like $10 for a fish!! Like it is some exorbitant price. $10 here really only gets you some pretty average quality bettas. A male VT is usually around the $7-$10 mark.

I like the colouring on this male

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...hmp&1358101804

Although I tend to like most of the fancy types by this breeder even if they aren't perfect form wise.

I dont think $10 is over priced for a fish in any way. I think its over priced for this fish.
She's extremely messy and almost looks like she's got some kind of fluff popping out in between her scales.
I wouldnt pay a dime for something like that when I could go get a female without the messy looking scales for $1-4 max.

Tags
aquabid, beautiful fish, fishy_fishy, i need more money, i need to win the lottery, why do i do this