Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #11 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Read the comments on this video. Very um... Interesting debate.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:35 AM   #12 
MSG

Using the beef heart recipe once every 3-5 days as a SUPPLEMENT to their diet of BBS & misc worms will help speed up fry growth so they can be jarred in 2 months versus 3 months.

Another ingredient used in Omega1 is black cod.

Here's what a good sized black cod aka sablefish looks like. Great fish for cooking, either as a filet/steak with a little fresh lemon, capers and noisette butter. It would go well in a fish chowder as well.

I fed my little bettas mosquito larvae when my BBS hatchery failed. They never got BBS whatsoever since they've been born.

Hm......
I just read the debate/argument on the video.

Here's my thoughts on that.... I would have only respond maybe 2x MAX to the R-Rossi. It's people like Rossi who create NO VIDEOS & only start arguments after viewing a INFORMATIVE & instructional video someone else took the time to CREATE. Someone from the IBC forum requested the video.
  • Instances like this keep knowledgeable & experienced breeders like EliteB from volunteering more of their free time to creating NEW videos. It's not easy to clean blood/animal fats off your camera/phone or whatever equipment he used to shoot the video.
Just because you see something doesn't mean you have to FOLLOW along.

When it comes to production of alternative foods for your animals, I personally like to see how things are done before I'll take that leap with my BLENDER.

Raw meats & garlic in my blender = I don't think so.

I prefer to make fruit smoothies & other treats with my blender. Garlic residue & cow blood don't go well with ice cream coffee milkshakes.

Therefore because it's inconvenient for me. My fish will continue to eat what I have time to feed them.
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote