Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #11 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

This is actually the second time I've seen a striped panchax come out of a betta cup, oddly enough.
They are hilarious looking fish with those faces and my store always has a ton of them in-tank.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #12 
finnfinnfriend

Where in the bay area are you and how could they mix that up? Don't the bettas sold at pet stores come from breeders or farms? This really doesn't make sense to me...
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #13 
LittleBettaFish

Haha I was about to say that is a killifish. They get pretty big but they have tons of personality. Anything that can fit into their mouth they will eat and killifish have massive mouths for their size.

Also they jump something shocking so you have to have everything covered on the top of your tank. I have lost several killies to jumping as they will find the tiniest gap. I gave up and just use cling wrap now.

You could probably take it back to the store as it really isn't the product advertised that you have purchased.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #14 
BettaBaited

Man! I have been looking for killies at all my lfs & you stumble onto one in Petco? lol I guess I'll try there next... :D
BettaBaited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #15 
eMcEeNeSs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Haha I was about to say that is a killifish. They get pretty big but they have tons of personality. Anything that can fit into their mouth they will eat and killifish have massive mouths for their size.

Also they jump something shocking so you have to have everything covered on the top of your tank. I have lost several killies to jumping as they will find the tiniest gap. I gave up and just use cling wrap now.

You could probably take it back to the store as it really isn't the product advertised that you have purchased.
Yeah this guy is uh like bigger than ever now, he has 4 bloodworms stuck in his mouth while trying to still feed on more bloodworms, it makes no sense. LOL! Well I think I enjoy their personality it kind of reminds me of myself. I'm going to keep him, and get another tank very soon. I went to 7 aquarium stores yesterday, and the nicest one that I hit up was called Neptunes in Milpitas,CA. They have a straight sea set up, but their plant and landscape set ups are crazy good. I will update on this Killi, till then I will be on vacation!
eMcEeNeSs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #16 
eMcEeNeSs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaBaited View Post
Man! I have been looking for killies at all my lfs & you stumble onto one in Petco? lol I guess I'll try there next... :D
Yeah, and try to solve the mystery why the come in Betta containers!

This is the exact one, believe it or not ! =X

Who can solve the mystery?
Attached Images

Last edited by eMcEeNeSs; 01-09-2013 at 08:15 PM.
eMcEeNeSs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #17 
Skyewillow

Our local grocery store sells these guys under the name of "Panchax". I've been hoping to eventually get the space to keep them and get a male and a couple of females. I don't remember how much they sell them for though, next time I go into town, I'll double check.

Nice find, they're so neat looking!
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #18 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

That's definatly not a betta... http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&t...lxnBytvrG0PWM:
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote