Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #691 
TwilightNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso1011 View Post
I do not even understand why tampons are viewed that way. They are very sanitary and discreet. Why should a woman be viewed in such a manner for wanting to use a more discreet way of taking care of her menstrual cycle?

I am the opposite of some of the people who have posted their preference. I find pads to be more uncomfortable. It feels like I'm wearing a diaper when I wear pads and I feel like I am constantly looking to see if I have a noticeable line from wearing one underneath my clothes. The only thing I feel noticeable with tampons is I might experience a little bit of a bloat at times. I don't see how it is a moral issue at all. Tampons are very hygienic if used correctly.

I 100% agree
TwilightNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #692 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso1011 View Post
I do not even understand why tampons are viewed that way. They are very sanitary and discreet. Why should a woman be viewed in such a manner for wanting to use a more discreet way of taking care of her menstrual cycle?

I am the opposite of some of the people who have posted their preference. I find pads to be more uncomfortable. It feels like I'm wearing a diaper when I wear pads and I feel like I am constantly looking to see if I have a noticeable line from wearing one underneath my clothes. The only thing I feel noticeable with tampons is I might experience a little bit of a bloat at times. I don't see how it is a moral issue at all. Tampons are very hygienic if used correctly.
I don't understand that mindset eitger. That's why I was wondering if anyone else heard of it or if it was just some out dated mind set from my Grandma's generation. She's the one who wouldn't let me use tampons growing up because she believed virgins shouldn't even be able to use them.

I only have problem with regular maxi pads. Those are giant bulky monsters that definitely create a line in my pants if I wear them. The pads I use are Always Infinity (unscented) because they are super thin. I guess I should have mentioned that the pads I prefer over tampons aren't the giant puffs of cotton you get out of bathroom machines for 25cents.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #693 
bethyMT

I use those infinity pads too. They are such an improvement over the huge puffy ones! Unfortunately, I can't use tampons anymore since they clog up our septic system and break the aerator. Also, tampons just don't seem to fit the same way since I pushed out two kids...they just feel loose or something and they're more likely to shift and leak.

The road rash I get from pads is extremely uncomfortable though. I tend to have a couple of really heavy days and it's just all gross and hurty with the pads. I am considering cloth pads too.

A lot of people I know use the menstrual cups...like a diva cup or moon cup or something. That whole idea scares me. Anyone use them here? How is it?
bethyMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #694 
Rosso1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethyMT View Post

The road rash I get from pads is extremely uncomfortable though. I tend to have a couple of really heavy days and it's just all gross and hurty with the pads. I am considering cloth pads too.
It's so weird. I always thought I must be the only person who gets a rash from wearing pads. I didn't mention it before but that is probably the second reason I don't wear them. I always end up with bad irritation and I cannot stand it. I used to use them for overnight protection, seeing as how pads are not too uncomfortable for sleeping.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #695 
ThePearlFish

For me personally I think it is my yeast infections irritating me more with the pads and then the pads are making it worse cus of no air flow. Sorry if that is TMI
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #696 
Rosso1011

LOL! No, it's not. I seriously do get some sort of skin irritation that's related to the material itself or something. Never have the problem with tampons.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #697 
bethyMT

It's the lack of circulation down there that causes the rashes, and the fact that there's moisture that touches skin for a prolonged period of time. Even if you change pads frequently, sometimes the rash shows up anyway...not be gross, but we have a ton of sweat glands in our crotches.

Most of us probably get them to some extent. Although this is somewhat OT, postpartum moms often complain of road rash, since you bleed for a while after you have a baby and you have to wear pads. It's the same thing.

Edit: sensitivities to the pad material can cause a whole bunch of problems too, that might seem the same. Ah, the joys of womanhood!

Last edited by bethyMT; 01-12-2013 at 09:58 AM. Reason: More info
bethyMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #698 
Toecutter2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
I wish I had a borther
I have a brother who was never there for me when I was very young. A big brother is supposed to care and protect his little sister. He never did such a thing. We were never close. In fact, I haven't seen nor talked to him in 20 years.
Toecutter2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #699 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toecutter2012 View Post
I have a brother who was never there for me when I was very young. A big brother is supposed to care and protect his little sister. He never did such a thing. We were never close. In fact, I haven't seen nor talked to him in 20 years.
That's sad. My brother irritates the crap out of me sometimes but I wouldn't trade him for the world. He's done a lot for us.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #700 
Pogthefish

I wish I had a sister, but my stand in little sister gets on my nerves sometimes :P But she is one of my only friends who has the same religion as me (atheism) but she has a different view from me, I love Christians and respect their views... she doesn't. So yeah I have a brother too, and he is kinda tearing apart our family and I prefer not to talk about it :/ but yeah, I might explain later if you guys want but I just got called to dinner.
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote