Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-11-2013, 12:38 AM   #11 
LittleBlueFishlets

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiegirl View Post
Oh sorry, missed that bit, I don't really know how that works mixing the salts. Anyhow as I mentioned his condition is fairly advanced and salt won't cure him so if you get that med then he will have a much better chance. Adding the salt is fine ATM but don't combine the salt and med sorry hope that helps
Thanks! I'm going to pick up the meds tomorrow morning, when Petsmart opens.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:44 PM   #12 
LittleBlueFishlets

My local Petsmart only had Maracyn (erythromycin)....

I know it's not the correct medication, as it's for gram-positive bacteria, and all the meds that were recommended were for gram-negative. But Petsmart's medication shelves were almost completely empty. They only had Maracyn and some anti-fungal meds. I spoke to a sales associate who said they have nothing else in stock, and she didn't know when a new shipment would be arriving.

So I got the Maracyn, and added the correct dosage to his tank.

If the little guy and I are lucky, it'll turn out that his issues are caused by something that's gram-positive and susceptible to the erythromycin.....

I'm going to look up the next closest Petsmart and Petco stores. They're quite a distance away, but maybe I can drive out there over the weekend....
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote