Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-28-2012, 02:02 AM   #1 
NVGail228

Help save a betta from the dark...flexible led strips

I'm sitting on an unused 10g complete with a black plastic hood with no lighting. I was hoping to get some of these flexible strips that you see for cheap, cheap, cheap on ebay to double side tape to the inside of the hood. But the transformer (power supply) is what aludes me. Ideally would like to have say 2 white strips and 1 blue strip on a 3-way split transformer per side of the divided tank (depending on the number of leds on each strip). Or if necessary 3 transformers with a dimmer on each. But where the heck tro I get the power suppliers. And these flexible strips all seem to have a double wire hook up rather than a plug and play type thing.

Has anyone tried to just put some very cheap white and blue leds into a hood without major expense like the stuff at the pet shops. I'm hoping to start getting this tank going and cycled before I increase the family. Otherwise I may wind up shining a flashlight on the poor little guys.

Oh, I hope to divide the tank as was suggested to me here with a heater and filter in the middle between 2 #7 mesh dividers. And, like just about everyone else, broke is my middle name so buying fancy glass canopies and hanging led lights with big (like $40 is big to me these days) price tags. Can somebody help? Any budding electricians out there? The youtube videos show diy systems way too elaborate for a little 10g but if someone can help me figure out just what I need (and maybe where to get it) with simple instruction I can certainly put the thing together.
NVGail228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #2 
Mirage23

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fish-Tank-Aq...30488561794%26
Mirage23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #3 
Mirage23

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Pcs-Green-...item231abe3ac0
Mirage23 is offline   Reply With Quote