Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #11 
Sparrowhawk

Ugh, my camera and I didn't like each other very much this morning, and as a result I have a whole lot of blurry pictures... Anyhow, my little boy has had his home re-done during his last water change, and some larger plants have been added -- a lot larger than I expected when I ordered them! Hopefully all goes well, but for now he's enjoying his little jungle.

Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #12 
Goldie2nd

Wow love him is a beauty! Lucky little guy.
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #13 
Water

ooooooo he's beautiful :') I love the shot of him with his back turned to the camera, it's very caravaggesque.
Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #14 
Sparrowhawk

I haven't taken many pictures of Falkor lately, I guess I feel guilty as a fish parent because he had a tail-biting episode. He hasn't done it since, and I haven't yet figured out the cause, though I did move things around his tank to keep him interested, and have upgraded his from 8L (approx. 2 gallons) to 15L (approx. 3.9 gallons). He still doesn't have a filter because he cannot handle any current at all, but he seems a lot more calm in the larger space. It's a bit barren at the moment, because I'm waiting on some live and silk plants to arrive, but it should be looking good in about a week's time. ^.^

I tried getting a decent shot showing the regrowth on his fins, but it's not really visible against his light-coloured fins.

This is what his home looks like now:

And although I'd been stupidly going with auto-focus instead of manual for today, and the only thing in focus is his hidey-hole, I tried to get a shot of his outside-tank-buddy, hehe.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:25 AM   #15 
callistra

Gorgeous fish!

He may be seeing his reflection.. that's what started by biting epidemic. Also stress coat at 1 ml per 1 gallon seems to have stopped it, as well as wrapping the tank in some heavy patterned non shiny paper.

Last edited by callistra; 01-05-2013 at 03:28 AM.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:57 AM   #16 
Sparrowhawk

Thank you!

Thankfully he hasn't had another episode since the first, but I will be sure to get some non shiny paper to wrap the tank in. I've been adding Stress Coat at that ratio since the biting episode, so fingers crossed he doesn't nom down on those beautiful fins anymore! Thanks for the tips!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #17 
Sparrowhawk

I managed to get a shot of Falkor's tail regrowth! I've got my fingers, toes, everything crossed, hoping that when it's fully grown he won't have another episode...

And here's a shot of his home, which looks a lot more home-like than the last time I took pictures... Here you can see the background he doesn't like. When I say "doesn't like," what I really mean is "hates less than every single other background ever tried since the tank upgrade". This one took him a whopping five minutes before he started getting upset with it, and he's not always upset at it thankfully. We're now at day 3, so here's hoping he gets used to it, as it's the single most patterned non-shiny piece of paper I can get my hands on that isn't tacky-looking wrapping paper. >.<

Old 01-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #18 
strangelove

He's really pretty! And his tank looks great!
strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote