Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #1 
RoMay

Betta Color change.

So two days before Christmas my betta Kaoru started to flash blue in the light. Much to my sadness her baby stripes are now completely gone. Which leaves me to one big question: What color is Kaoru now. It's easy to say she's blue, but when she's not in the light she's brown. It's been an amazing change none the less and I still look at her wondering if it's the same betta. PS: She seems a little fat because the only way I can bribe her to sit still is to feed her. You really can't see it but her top fin does have poki dots.

RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #2 
Sixwolf

It might be a form of turquoise? That color is more popular with the females, especially in the metallic form that she displays.

Very nice fish! c:
Sixwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #3 
RoMay

Yeah I can't believe she's the same scrawny light grey floater I picked up. She defently has a different color going on then my roommates female which is mainly black with a hint of dark red on her tail and doesn't reflect like Kaoru does. My Jabi also has a weird metallic thing going on but my camera doesn't pick it up. But I know it's common because petsmart has lots of females similar to her.

But my Kaoru is doing her own thing, wonder if that will be her set colors now.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #4 
Myates

A metallic form of steel blue? She may color up more.. but a lot of the blue variations of females sometimes have a lot of brown when they aren't displaying I've noticed.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:01 AM   #5 
Crowntail777

My betta also changes color when you put a light near her aquarium. She turns blue when their is light
Crowntail777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:32 PM   #6 
RoMay

I hope no one minds me dragging up this thread again. I just noticed and I flipped through pictures of Kaoru and Jabi wondering if I want to post more pictures of the buggers. Look at Kaoru's tail. If you note towards the end her Y design turns fuzzy. Now it's like a Y with a fuzzy =. It used to be a sharp and clear Y. Also I want to say she just turned metallic blue under the chin as well, but not cleanly like her butt. Her chin looks like a messy toddlers face.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #7 
RoMay

Sorry for the double post forgot pictures.

Sorry it's upside down. You can kinda see it I am using ISO.

It's blurry but you can see a bit of a reflection. Bugger swims to fast.