Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #11 
LadyVictorian

In reality the no clean still needs to be cleaned, you need to still clean out the uneaten food and poo so...yeah so much for their idea. It's a total fail.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:25 PM   #12 
Armyguy03

WOW, apparently they havent seen my Brad Pit zipping around his tank like its no ones business. They just like to float, HA!
Armyguy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #13 
Tikibirds

Nice idea but they need to work on the concept a little more...like making it bigger and longer. I do not like tall tanks, not even a 20G tall
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:50 AM   #14 
majesticstorm

No way am I buying that for my betta! To their statement that "they don't swim around a lot...our aquarium provides plenty of room for your betta to swim and play" I say, "pooey!" My boy is in a 5.5 gallon and he's swimming and exploring and even glass surfing! If I'm worried that my 5.5 isn't entertaining my boy enough, I definitely don't think that a half gallon will.

As others have said before me, bettas like their tanks wide, not tall. They want to swim without hitting something, not hovering up and down. Plus, pouring the water in to "clean" would probably stress the fish out waaay to much. It's like he's in a washing machine or something.
majesticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:15 AM   #15 
jessp118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
Nice idea but they need to work on the concept a little more...like making it bigger and longer. I do not like tall tanks, not even a 20G tall
Yea I agree. With a little more work, This could be a great idea.
jessp118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #16 
nehemiahludden

sorry i wont support thhis above tank and i will not make my betta go from a 10 gallon tank to a tiny ass prison like that. they can keep their (self cleaning tank) i wills tick to my 10 gallon tank that is set up for him. when i add a plant to his tank i see how he reacts to it and after 24 hours he does not go near it like he does the others i take it out and replace it with something else untill i find one he likes the same or more as the other plants in his home. i try to take the best care of my betta and i like him to make the plant choice if he feels like.
nehemiahludden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #17 
bahamut285

Regarding all the people saying it needs to be wide and not tall. The physics won't allow for it to work that way. It's designed the way it is, which is why they started out with a "small betta tank" first.

As for cleaning up the poop and food, it DOES get cleaned up, that's the way it is designed.

To be honest, I don't see why people are so freaking lazy. Just get a decently priced tank and clean it yourself. If you don't want to take care of a pet and give it an ideal environment, then don't get one.
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote