Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-11-2013, 07:03 AM   #16211 
FishyFishy89

I think I'll be adding a black background to my 75 gallon. It'll help bring out the colors from the goldies and plants. Spike never needed a background. The only time I see him flare is at night, with lights out in the kitchen.

My rant: Pup just HAD to go get sick and now I'll be spending atleast $70 at the vet. *sigh*
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #16212 
SnowySurface

I hate colds....they make me sick enough to feel like crap but not sick enough to take off from work without looking like I'm faking. T_T
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:27 AM   #16213 
Rosso1011

Not too many things worse in this world than waking up with a nasty headache. I knew this was going to happen. If my headaches don't resolve themselves before bed, then I usually still have one in the morning.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:37 AM   #16214 
Sena Hansler

ugh... Wanted to go to Edmonton today. But no, third week I am not able to go to Edmonton and it's setting me back a LOT. >:( Don't know anyone who can get me to edmonton and back.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #16215 
pittipuppylove

Gah... My rant can pretty much be summed up in two words - "cyanobacteria" and "hornwort".

I had just about won a four month long battle with cyanobacteria in my 10 gallon when my family went on a 10 day vacation. Came back, the entire tank is covered with the stuff - even the anacharis, which supposedly has antibacterial properties. There's nothing the neighbor who was watching the cats and my fish could have done about it so I'm not mad at her by any means, but it irks me to no end that it's back . And the cyano loves the hornwort, making manual removal a royal pain in my rear because of the hundreds of little tiny needles the bacteria can cling to. My floormates probably think I've lost it because I spend almost twenty minutes each night at a sink in the floor's bathroom rinsing off the live plants. *sigh* I may end up breaking down and treating the tank with an antibiotic to at least knock it back a little bit.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #16216 
ThePearlFish

Rant- I have a new laptop and my google chrome on here doesn't have those windows on the 'new tabs screen' that you can click and will take you to your most gone to websites. Instead there is a good search bar on my new tab screen! I am getting frustrated cus I can't figure out how to change it to that other setting. >:/
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:39 PM   #16217 
Sparrowhawk

Thanks to the boyfriend's workplace completely upending his work schedule, my water change schedule seems more daunting than it normally would. Usually I handle the midweek 50% on my own, 'cause my back can handle that, just. Then on the weekend we do everyone's 100% because I've got a bit more muscle to help me out seeing as my partner's here.

These days, he works weekends, and this time he's got to do a 6-day stint, so we're going to have to rush it all this evening, which means not only is it going to be a very tiring evening, but we don't get to game like we usually would with our team on LoL. Normally I wouldn't mind too much, because while I love gaming too much of a good thing makes me really sick of it. But at the moment, I'm actually enjoying planning strategies and thinking about how we could do better as a team in ranked games, because right now we really suck.

To top it all off, on top of the big job we've got to do tonight with the WCs, le boyfriend's annoying work schedule and no game time, my grandmother waited until today to tell me that she needs most of the stuff in the bathroom moved out of it before Tuesday so a guy from the Body Corporate can come and inspect the damage caused to our ceiling from a busted pipe that was fixed in December, but the hole in the ceiling remains. Then at some point someone will come to repair it, which is all well and good, but more time to prepare would have been nice, considering there's almost no time today or tomorrow to do the clean-out.

Of course, all of this is just frustrating but it's not the end of the world. Doesn't stop some hand-wringing from happening and possibly some facepalming.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:29 AM   #16218 
RoMay

B--ch slapped a coworker last night. Didn't say sorry I laughed and told her that's what you get. Before you look at me weird she deserved it. She was hitting me with an empty water bottle and I swung back my hand to defend myself... And hit her instead of the bottle.

Officially broke up with the boyfriend-again. I'm getting to old to play these games with a guy who is a coward and scared of change. His words not mine. We will have known each other for ten years in may. That's a long time for a guy not to take the initiative.

I was venting with my roommate how I would like to have one spawn just incase I get Altzheimers someone will be there when I begin to loose it. After all both my dad's(?) parents have alzheimers disease. Of course her reponse was "---- you wont' get Alzheimers if he's not your dad, AND if you keep brain excersize and eat right. Beside I'll take out life insurance and kill you before sending' you to a home. Now excuse me I gatta poop".

OH what a day I have been having.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:31 AM   #16219 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoMay View Post
I'm getting to old to play these games with a guy who is a coward and scared of change.We will have known each other for ten years. That's a long time for a guy not to take the initiative.
I am feeling this was lately (except for me 7 yrs, not 10yrs), and I keep telling my BF outright I cannot be in a relationship like this alone and what needs to change, and it is like he outright ignores what I said previously. He just does not care to please me emotionally and mentally and it is just tearing my heart apart.

He obviously didn't used to be this way.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #16220 
Sena Hansler

Your roommate seems to care a lot -.- (sarcasm)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou