Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-28-2012, 05:21 PM   #1 
NeptunesMom

Do you have guinea pigs?

I posted about my neurological guinea pig on another thread. But, it made me wonder... who else is a guinea pig slave? I have three.

First I found Clementine at PetCo in March 2009. She was a little black abby and I fell in love with her. I knew nothing about guinea pigs, but I brought her home. Soon, I learned that she would do best with a friend. So, I set off to adopt her a friend. My local rescues were not all that helpful, so I went to CL looking for "accidents". I found a little orange abby about 45 miles north of me who was a few months younger than Clementine. She was part of an accidental litter. I went and got her the next day. I named her Odette (after the Swan Princess movie, which was my favorite as a child).

Three years have passed and this past weekend my guinea pig family expanded with the addition of my little rescue Indiana (named after Indiana Jones, yes she's a girl). She is a tortoise shell American. She's a special needs pig, but we're already getting to know each other and work around her issues.

That's my guinea pig family. Lets hear about yours.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:55 PM   #2 
Indigo Betta

i've googled tortoise shell American guinea pigs and seen they are a very pretty breed
do you have any photos of her i would love to see her

i have three guinea pigs and am a bit of slave to them heres a photo of them they are all dolly mixtures their names are Tammy Dolly and Peppa
Attached Images

Last edited by Indigo Betta; 12-28-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Indigo Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:15 AM   #3 
Kuro

i have three right now all female two are tri color(chocolate, orange, and white) shorthair/silkie crosses that are sisters named Snickers and Reese's and a red texel cross whos a month young then the sisters and is named Twix

about a year ago i had 7 females but it got really expensive to feed that many so i found the great homes...but i started to miss them and their noises so three weeks ago i set my 2x5(72"Lx30"W) C&C cage back up and and scoured the local online classifieds and found and ad listing 3 small female pigs so i jumped on it and got them.

am really glad to have pigs again
Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:38 AM   #4 
Elsewhere

I used to own a guinea pig- his name was Chester. He was my best friend, as I was one of those kids that had no friends and read at recess. I did everything with that guy for two years. Until he got sick. We tried to save him, took him to the vet and everything, got him on Antibiotics. But it was too late. I am no longer allowed a guinea pig since we got our cat and dogs, but I hope to own one in the future! They are just the friendliest little critters!
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:29 AM   #5 
Neight

I used to have two lovely girls named Mozart and Photon Firing Lazer, or Pho for short. They were respectively a black and white dutch longhair and a bedhead silver agouti. They had a huge cage I was very proud of {about eight feet square, including the second level that covered half the cage}, they loved to interact with one of my cats, and their favorite snacks were watermelon and strawberries, which they would nibble right down to your fingers. They were very sweet, but due to a few misfortunes, I had them only three years. After Mozart passed away, Pho eventually expired of a broken heart. Guinea pigs are truly great pets, and I hope to have some again one day. You all have spectacularly handsome {or beautiful} pigs!
Neight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #6 
NeptunesMom

Here is my girl. I believe she is called a tortoise shell. You can not really see the black and white on her back and booty in this picture. Her front end is just brown and white.
Attached Images

NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #7 
aemaki09

I dont have them anymore, but I used to breed them when I was younger for 4-h and the local pet store. I honestly cant remember what types i had, it's been so long since I've had them. They were amazing little animals though. If I lived out in the country still I'd definitely still have quite a few.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #8 
Indigo Betta

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptunesMom View Post
Here is my girl. I believe she is called a tortoise shell. You can not really see the black and white on her back and booty in this picture. Her front end is just brown and white.

awwww! she's a little cutie I love GPs
Old 01-14-2013, 03:37 AM   #9 
Indigo Betta

you probably already have, but have you been to Guinea Lynx yet, its my favorite site for guinea pigs there is quite a bit of info on there.

Last edited by Indigo Betta; 01-14-2013 at 03:41 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:43 AM   #10 
Indigo Betta

here's a link for you http://www.guinealynx.info/main.html