Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #201 
Silverfang

cherries do prefer veggie matter. When my phone stops being a pain I'll upload a picture of the red cloud. Half an algae wafer a day get the shrimp swarming like mad
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #202 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I love Amanos but they are next to impossible to breed and they poop lots, but in neat little cylinders.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:51 AM   #203 
ao
TFK Moderator

I love how amanos poop XD now that's totally not wierd at all. lol
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #204 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
I love how amanos poop XD now that's totally not wierd at all. lol
Oh I agree!
Just tiny little pellets. I remember when Spike thought their poops were food xD
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #205 
carbonxxkidd

I bought another 6 ghosties to try in my sorority today! They are all alive and the bettas are totally ignoring them, so I'm positive the reason they perished last time was due to water quality issues (specifically low dissolved oxygen)...not the girls. I really wanted to buy amanos but needed to make sure the girls would leave them alone first, and I think I've confirmed that. Plus, the plants have filled in plenty and there is lots of hiding spots.

I actually went ahead and ordered some amanos online from theshrimpfarm.com - has anyone else used this site? They had free shipping on all freshwater shrimp and the amanos were cheaper than they are in the LFS (3 for 16.99 here) so I thought I'd give it a shot. Can't wait.
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #206 
Otterfun

Is there a chance some amanos are lighter in color? Or is there a chance that they get greyer over time ?
I finally found the one that I thought Fred ate. I had them in my tank since mid-Jan. They looked greyer than the 2 new ones I got last night. the new ones are more transparent and I remember them as more transparent when I got the first 2 Amanos.

The new ones are not ghost shrims because they do not have the sharp bent in the back and the orange dot.
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:32 PM   #207 
ao
TFK Moderator

I've seen some that are pretty close to black and other that are light brown. just make sure the markings are identical :) As long as they are, you should be OK
Old 02-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #208 
Otterfun

Quote:
I've seen some that are pretty close to black and other that are light brown. just make sure the markings are identical :) As long as they are, you should be OK
Thanks, I almost got the orange bee shrimps but seriously, they look like Betta gourmet food to me....now I am thinking of having a shrimp only tank...
Old 02-01-2013, 07:32 PM   #209 
ao
TFK Moderator

the so labelled orange bee shrimps are just low grade cherry shrims. and yes, they make very very good betta snacks ;)
Old 02-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #210 
Otterfun

Quote:
2 of them molted over the weekend, not sure if it is because of the algae wafers intake since Fred was no longer around to eat their food. The newer one is having a light baby bluish grey, which is darker. The older one that molted is having a very dark grey and the spine looks fluorescent, very pretty. I think they are heartier than my beta sine they are thriving in the cycling tank.

Maybe I will take a break from beta and get either some RCS or yellow shrimp or blue velvet.....